Flipkart under Walmart management

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 23,095
Flippin’ over backwards | Founding Fuel

Two years ago, Binny had an extra marital affair with a former employee. The relationship went sour and there were allegations of extortion and blackmail. Binny tried to manage the situation on his own by employing a security firm. He chose not to keep the company informed, perhaps because he believed this matter was in the personal domain.
An investigator from the security firm employed by Binny had called the woman for a meeting and had tried to physically assault her, but she escaped. When the lady informed him about the assault incident on email, in order to deal with a potential criminal case, instead of responding to her, Binny employed yet another security firm to put a lid on the matter. The second security firm tried to hammer out a monetary compensation. But it seems the lady demanded a much higher compensation.

^Precisely the reason why we sellers are fighting against them. And moving out of their platforms to our own stores.

see! I told you bansal exit was suspicious! walmart bastards being bastardy as usual. they'll actually kill off local kirana shops like they did in US. Not immediately, but in 10 years maybe

I find it funny. They purchased the controlling stake in the company. How can anyone expect them to not control it such a case? If the Bansals wanted to control it, they shouldn't have sold it in the first place.

I find it funny. They purchased the controlling stake in the company. How can anyone expect them to not control it such a case? If the Bansals wanted to control it, they shouldn't have sold it in the first place.
Its not the fact that they were removed. Its the shady process thru which they were removed that's concerning

Every venture capital funded Commerce business have same intention ie become monopoly by wiping out small retailers. Though some of the sellers are trying to fight, we don't see any involvement from consumers. That is kind of sad. I am not blindly supporting small retailers or Indian brands. Amazon & Flipkart (its Singaporean co, not Indian) have literally killed the small retailers and domestic brands. Its really really difficult to sell products via e-commerce without giving fake discounts. Who suffers at the end?, the consumer. All thanks to these companies who have 0% ethics and culture.

if these domestic companies and sellers had treated consumers with respect, things would not be this bad. we have very little protection for consumer in this country. no regulations for refunds (with a restocking fee in case customer decides to not keep the product) or exchange of defective device (go to service center and get it fixed. our responsibility is over the moment you pay us and take the product from us).

most of us buy online because there is some form of protection when it comes to defective products. discounts is just one of the parameters and as you yourself have said is fake in most cases.

in fact, i have had great experiences with indian brands who sell online. superfan shipped me a fan. the fan was stolen on route by the postal services. i did not even have a video proof of opening the box with magazines stuffed inside. they sent a replacement without any argument.

i recently bought a shower filter from another brand. this time through Amazon as they prefer selling through it. piece came defective. i contacted customer care. they said... just apply for replacement through amazon and we would send a new piece immediately. replacement was defect free.

if this had been the case with domestic brands and sellers in the first place... they would not be feeling threatened by these online stores.