Waiting for BSNL revised plans!!

hackerbybirth

ISP
dataone
Hi all, I have been a BSNL Broadband customer since 3 years. From my past experience I can say that this is the time when BSNL comes out with possible revised plans. I am eagerly waiting for the revised plans to come out as almost all ISPs have reduced the prices drastically. I am foreseeing that the existing 256kbps unlimited connection might go down to 500Rs and the 512kbps unlimited plan might come down to 900Rs!!Anybody has any information on when the new plans might be rolled out??I would be delighted to hear from the other BSNL users on this topic 🙂Regards,NaveedHyderabad

I am not a BSNL user, but am all for drop in prices. If BSNL plays the price game, others have to follow suit. I just hope though that when that does happen, my current plan becomes cheaper or I get higher speeds for what I pay.

Recently, A. Raja was appointed as Telecom minister for another term of 5 years. So, we will have to live with 256 kbps unlimited connections for Rs 715 per month (inclusive of service tax) for another 5 years. In next 5 years whole world will be talking about gigabit connections and we will be using lightening fast "upto" 256 kbps connections.

Sadly I have to concur with Topweb, A.Raja doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm that Maran had. For short-sightedness in cash they are losing the overall goal 🙁

That's so SAD to hear :wall:I wish the 512kbps plan comes down to 900Rs or may be even lesser!!:inodding:

I am not a BSNL user, but am all for drop in prices. If BSNL plays the price game, others have to follow suit.
Other ISP already have decreased price and introduced new high speed Unlimited plans. Have you seen recent Airtell BB plans ???

^^ Airtel still has not made their new plans public and are offering to existing customers selectively. As for BSNL revising tariffs, the only chance I could think of is on Independence day!

For the metered plans, it would be nice if instead of reducing prices, they increased the usage limits. For example, Home 500 should get 4.0 GB instead of present 2.5 GB usage, while retaining night unmetered facility. Presently I have to regulate youtube videos or movie trailers viewed by family members very harshly as it is very easy to cross the 2.5 GB/month limit. Also, with such low limit, it is not possible to video-conference with loved ones in different time zones.

^^ Let them abolish metered plans. BB should only be unmetered!! 😛leasehelp:

Reliance has also introduced new plans....But new plans also seems to be costly 075 kbps -> Rs.400 Rs. 499 Rs. 750 Rs. 799 Rs. 649 Rs. 999 Rs. 1199 Rs. 1399 Rs. 2199 Rs. 4999