WAG200G Router reboot script

• Thread starter Thread starter leo9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 12,143
I checked up the firewall, it was already disabled. I enabled it and executed the script, but got the same error. Checked up the password also, its proper.Can u further explain, how to open port 80 ?

Hey! It's [xubz] here (from CHIP)

Do be generous with the script! DO NOT remove any copyright info if you are re-posting it somewhere else! 🙂

Anyway, I did develop a C# based Application that's not that messy. Get it here

Code:
http://link-removed.com/files/101675410/WAGReboot_v1.zip.html
Just read the README.txt

EDIT: Updated the Software. It's now much more User Friendly and it's not a Console C# App anymore. Also included the C# (VS2008 Express) Source Code in the Package 😛

Hi Subbu,

I hope u read ur PMs.
anywayz, can u create a similar (working) reboot script for the Buffalo WBMR-G125 ADSL+Wifi Router too?
coz this is what is pending to confirm for this router before buying it since im exchanging/selling my current Linksys WRT54GC Wireless Router and unsubscribing MTNL's CPE ie.returning their D-Link 502T ADSL Modem and stopping the 62/month rental.
the reason im getting rid of both is i have overpaid in rental for the mtnl modem and i after all possible tries (including ur scripts) i cudnt get the wireless router to automaticall reboot.
every night, i have to manually unplug the power cord of the router before 12am and 8am which isnt practical anymore. 😕
thanx, in advance.

Got the following error :

Connected to Router
Trying to Login and Reboot
Router Returned Following Message:

HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized
Server:
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:39:25 GMT
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Linksys WAG200G "
Content-Type: text/html
Connection: close

401 Unauthorized

401 Unauthorized
Authorization required.

ERROR: Reboot Failed

Your password contains symbol(s) thats why you're getting error. He used Regular expression to parse the password from ini. Which is worst idea if there is no begin and end identity or a separate line for password.
consider this
if your password is '1234^5678' then it'll parse it as '1234'