Vu 32D6545 headphones port and display problems

• Thread starter Thread starter HarshaRaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 19,518
ISP
Act Fibernet
I purchased Vu 32D6545 from Flipkart recently. If the video content has black colours, I see greysish patches.. Supposedly light bleed? Check the image attached.

Js5N7Rj.jpg

Also when I connect any external speakers or even headphones to the 3.5mm port in the TV, I hear a hiss noise. Anybody got any idea if this is a faulty piece and need to go for replacement? Will there be any other hardware issues in Vu TVs? Don't want to end up with more problems after getting replacement.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Slight backlit bleed is normal on lcd/led TVs, but that looks very bad. Get a replacement.

Slight backlit bleed is normal on lcd/led TVs, but that looks very bad. Get a replacement.

Thank you for the response. Will initiate replacement tomorrow.

I have dark patches at the border...
Oh I see.. Those must be the negative traits of all these low priced LCD TVs. But I guess it's not as bad as in your TV as it is on mine?

Also guy, what about the hiss noise when connecting external speakers. Do you people find the same problem in your Yu TV?

I checked on black background. It is not exactly smooth but nowhere as bad as yours. Get it replaced.

I connected an earphone, and yes I did hear a very slight hissing sound when there's no sound.

I should try connecting my speakers. Taking my speakers upstairs would be a huge challenge though 😕

I connected an earphone, and yes I did hear a very slight hissing sound when there's no sound.

I see. When I connected earphones, I could hear hiss noise even when the audio was playing. The hiss noise is louder when using 2.1 speakers. If the hiss noise was only when no sound, I could have forced myself being fine with it. But hiss when even audio is playing is terrible.

Also more over what I observed was that, when earphones is connected, the sound doesn't hear louder even when the volume is increased.

I should try connecting my speakers. Taking my speakers upstairs would be a huge challenge though :speechless:

Haha. Yes heavy speakers are pain even though they offer awesome sound output. Let me know the results if you manage to connect them to your TV.

Thanks 😀

I initiated for replacement. FK said that technician will come over for inspection. Can someone upload an picture of your TV with black video or image in dark room? I would need to show him the photo in case he claims the display is fine.

@Nishant @chromaniac @hitech0101

Here you go. The bleed is far lesser than shown in the pic. I guess camera increases exposure automatically when the room is dark.

UscNPYm.jpg

This is Classical Backlight Bleeding common in LCD.

LCDs can't deliver perfect Blacks and problem is more so in the sides/edges & corners of LCD Panels. Photo posted by Nishant shows Backlight Bleeding which is quite common. But i think its too severe in your case HarshaRaj.

You can ask for replacement explaining to company that Blacklight Bleed is too severe. They will replace your Panel & if you are lucky, you will get a Panel with lesser bleeding.

My Mantra for buying LCD Panels - Read reviews of best models. Then go to shop & inspect viewing angles & Blacks myself firsthand. Then if satisfied, i shall buy the specific Model.

In terms of low end LCD type panels. Quality/performance of LCD is pure luck. You can be lucky if you get Monitor with minimal Backlight Bleeds. You might not be lucky and you may have to get multiple panels changed to get a satisfactory Panel.