VSNL have also introduced broadband in kolkata.

• Thread starter Thread starter pathak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 9,066
Guy get over it VSNL is offering 64 kbps ......(thats just too sh**) and they call that broadband ....it doesn't qualify as broadband (as per Indian Net & Telecom Law 2001)another thing Vsnl Airtel and other ISP's depends on BSNL for satelite and link so I will be staying with these sarkari babus 😀 😀

And plz don't spot any english mistake its really embaresing (i did this on purpose) :blink: 😉

VSNL is opposed to broadband in India. Dunno why they are behaving like this?? Only in India...

is it a law that speeds lower than 256K cannot be called broadband? i thought it was a recommendation froM TRAI.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 29 2005, 05:43 PM
is it a law that speeds lower than 256K cannot be called broadband? i thought it was a recommendation froM TRAI.
[snapback]33582[/snapback]
[/quote]

In India, TRAI is the deciding authority and they have kept the limit as 256 and if the speed is less than that, the companies cannot fool the customers by calling it 'broadband'. It might be 1 Mbps 5 years down the line. The definition of 'broadband' varies from country to country as well.

or you can be a smart private player (like airtel) who has a website "airtel-broadband.com" with 64, 128 k speeds and a line somewhere that says "TRAI has defined broadband as 256k and above" 🙂

But you can still file a case against them in court for "misleading" info.

or u can give out packages of upto 256kbps with promises that speed would touch that limit. sometimes.

The key word here is "sometimes".This thread has become more and more popular. Has it got anything to do with "schame"? 😀

yes, politically they are correct but we can still drag 'em to court for giving 128Kbps on a 256Kbps 😉

Well i hope mr shulabh keeps an eye in this topic this started with spelling mistakes and now its gone where defination of broadbandhello whare were we ? i was wared for going off topic why should this guys let off :-X

Well i hope mr shulabh keeps an eye in this topic this started with spelling mistakes and now its gone where defination of broadband[/b]

Its Sushubh, dude😛

hello whare were we ? i was wared for going off topic why should this guys let off :-X[/b]

Yep, you are quite right...most posts are being hijacked by certain people around here🙁

Hey Sushubh, I was wondering if it is possible to attach a spell checker with the add Reply option. I am hopeless with spellings too.

umm all the three popular browsers in the market have third party support for adding spell checker. use them instead.