VSNL cuts international bandwidth tariffs by 45%

• Thread starter Thread starter Suraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,439

Suraj

Regular
source : http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/blnus/15161501.htm

MUMBAI: VSNL on Tuesday cut international bandwidth prices by up to 45 per cent, a move that will give relief to massive bandwidth users like BPOs, call centres and IT companies.

With the slash in tariff, the sixth in the last four years, prices of half circuit international private lines (IPLC) have come down from Rs 40 lakh in 2001 to Rs 11 lakh for E1 (2Mbps), from Rs 72.50 crore to Rs 11.40 crore for DS3 (45 Mbps) and from Rs 21 crore to Rs. 3.30 crore for STM-1 (155Mbps).

These prices are for restorable capacities between India and the US on the Tata Indicom cable, VSNL said in a statement.

The company claimed that this latest drop in international bandwidth prices, marks a whopping 84 per cent reduction in four years.

VSNL's recent initiatives of building the Tata Indicom Cable and completing the TGN acquisition have provided it with greater control on international bandwidth cost components.

VSNL had already reduced prices by about 48 per cent on the Tata Indicom Cable in the six months since the cable was put into service. - PTI [/b]

45mbps more expensive than 155mbps....cool

is that an error? seems to me like it should have been 725 lakh to 114 lakh.

now we need to wait n see what these tata people offer. :blink:

Thats great news! now the ISPs can buy more bandwidth at same cost and give us more speeds and unlimited packages too hopefully..I'd rather have more speeds and u/l packages than price cuts..

IIRC, I saw one of those TV news tickers which said VSNL/Tata would "consider" (think about) reducing prices in Q4 - 2006 !That's END OF NEXT YEAR... and that too they'll just THINK about it LOLIf TRAI's bandwidth price cut wasnt shot down a few months ago by VSNL/DoT then maybe BSNL would have made their broadband packages really sweet instead of the stupid "Home 250" plan...But at least we have night unlimited so I'm okay with it for now... let's hope Reliance comes in and much better things to come around March 2006...Jai Hind!Sara Jahan Se Acchaa!Vande Mataram!

the effects of these cuts on us will take a long time still !! if u thought it will be sooner its just wishful thinking

these cuts just keep happeningand yes i don't think its gonna lead to reduction in pricesas in india ISP's know only one thing thats to suck people's blood

Hmm...why so pessimistic.How have internet prices here changed in the last 3 yrs ?For me i was paying Rs.890 to my cable shit for 32kbs unlimited. The only unlimited option around at the time.I pay slightly more now for nearly 128k unlimted.So is it reasonable to expect in 3 yrs time to be on 512k unlimted for the same price ?..it could happen faster

i started with around 1200 bucks a month for a 32 kbps line in around may 2003. today i pay around 2500 bucks for a 128kbps line. not impressive.

Originally posted by GAURAV7777@Aug 16 2005, 10:33 PM
as in india ISP's know only one thing thats to suck people's blood
[snapback]21814[/snapback]
[/quote]

lol .. like they asy in hindi kaanjus maaki chuus :lol:

my total combined bill for both the lines is 5.5k including phone calls. i cannot use 256kbps at one time. at max only 128 is available coz they are two seperate lines. 🙂