VoWifi stops working on other numbers ported in to Jio network

• Thread starter Thread starter Audioctor
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,529
ISP
Reliance Jio
Hello,
Recently I have noticed something peculiar. I have three Jio prepaid numbers in our family (all working in the same premises on different devices, all Samsung ). Two of these have been ported in to the Jio network while the third was originally a Jio number. VoWifi worked in all these numbers initially.
Then sometime back, it stopped working on the two ported numbers while it worked on the original Jio number. I tried interchanging the devices as well as changing the WiFi network. The Original Jio number worked everywhere while the ported ones didn't.

Then this problem went away by itself i. e. VoWifi started working on all numbers.
But the same problem has recurred recently with VoWifi again not working on the ported numbers while it continues to do so on the original Jio number.

Has anyone else noted similar issue?
Can this be explained?

Strange I ported pit from Vodafone to jio it works. But I had ported out in 2019.

It was working for me as well previously. The problem has only started recently. Even I had ported in 2019.

The way VoWi-Fi is designed I don't think there's anything you can do if the carrier has disabled it for you, assuming the carrier did disable it.

Are all numbers registered in the same circle?

Yes they are registered in the same circle and all against my own Adhar Number. And as I said it been working fine on all numbers for more than a year until recently.....

I don't know who to contact at Jio and how? They just have automated complaint registration system with a fixed scope and do not provide any contact emails or escalation matrix... 🙁😞