VoLTE on Airtel India

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
iPhone 7 Plus does not switch to 3G while making calls. It now stays on 4G. This means VoLTE has been enabled for many users in Mumbai.
For iPhone, there was a Carrier Settings Update and after that, under data options, the option to make calls on 4G appeared. That option needed to be selected to enable VoLTE calling.

Several people having Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and few on S7/S8 are also reporting this to be working.

VoLTE call from Airtel to Jio was instantaneous. That's some good shit right over here.

My phone does not have VoLTE but anyone else noticing this? 😀

got this sms here at Hyderabad
Dear customer, we have upgraded our network to give you faster speeds & better voice clarity. Please upgrade to NEW 4G SIM before 17-Sep-17 for FREE at nearest Airtel Retailer or Store.

Ok I am from Mumbai, using an iPhone 6 and my network is staying on 4g when I am on a voice call. So Airtel VOLTE has launched in mumbai 🙂

Tried calling a Jio number , the call quality was still not HD and very "2g" type. I was expecting that call quality will be like HD from VOLTE to VOLTE network. Disappointed with this.

I am in J&K and I put the sim in iPhone 6S and it's changing from 4g to 3g when calling. i didn't got any carrier update too.

I hope airtel doesn't fcuk up though. as their 4G network is very stable to be honest(even though it's not VOLTE). I do gaming on PS4 , and on mobile (GAMELOFT) and both are rock solid compared to BSNL broadband with low pings and JIO which is pathetic anyways even with high speeds JIO latency and pings to ps4 gaming and mobile gaming is garbage.

@Dhiraj,

Airtel Volte calls to Jio will not be HD. Jio & Airtel both have to configure IMS gateway and create separate channel for Volte-Volte calls among them which is highly unlikely considering they r both in unfriendly terms. Currently Airtel Volte calls will go via Switched circuit route to Jio & Vice -Versa. Globally too Operators have not configured Volte-Volte HD calls among them. It is only intra operator Volte HD clarity.

ET is heavily inclined towards Airtel.
Am I the only one to notice that?