VoLTE not working on a Vodafone prepaid SIM

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 21,780
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
So, I have a Redmi Note 4 and a Vodafone prepaid sim. If this issue is related to the phone or the Vodafone network, I really don't know.

If I put my sim card in a different phone, like Samsung it shows VOLTE, but it doesn't on Note 4. I have tried changing the region from India to Bangladesh, and vice versa. didn't help. If I put a different Vodafone sim in this phone, it shows VOLTE.

Installed this app and it shows this:

1593092592888.webp

1593092652189.webp

What to do?

Last edited:
Solution
After answering the same questions over and over again (4 times), Twitter team seems to have escalated the issue and finally it is working now.

7AHKz6X.webp
I heard vodafone VoLTE is now available in Bihar/Jharkhand circle, is anyone getting volte on your prepaid or postpaid connection? Earlier only idea (yellow) sim had volte not on vodafone sim.

Upvote 0
I heard vodafone VoLTE is now available in Bihar/Jharkhand circle
From where u got the info? If from their CC it's most probably fake

Upvote 0
Confirmed by cc, said now it available. As mentioned by you I don't trust them.
Anyone from Bihar circle what is the speed you get on idea sim and vodafone sim? Same or different

Upvote 0
Got a prepaid SIM yesterday for a family member. Apparently VoLTE is not enabled by default I had to call 198 to get customer support to activate it. Why in the world would they require activation? Seriously VI is still not much better than they were all those years ago.

Upvote 0
@Chip I asked them this 2 years ago when I got a new Vi sim from our old Hutch sim. They said it's for security purposes... Don't know why but still...

Upvote 0
@havoc @Samuel frankly I consider VI stupid. I am not sure what security threat VoLTE can pose. Though I am on Jio now, thing is, I have history going back decades with both these providers. Idiocy still prevails. No wonder these 2 are in the shape they're in today. And coming to speeds, Jio is faster..tested on the same handset (dual SIM) at the same place i.e. home.

PS - Airtel is faster too but different handset. So, VI and 5G? HAH!

Upvote 0
@Samuel I wanna join you too then 😁

Don't know why but Jio sucks in our area then Airtel and Vi leads them all. And about BSNL they are before jio.

Upvote 0
I have no clue why people in India think 5G is gonna be a game-changer considering the pathetic state of 4G itself and the serious lack of spectrum handout by the government which they are again doing the same mistake in the 5G sale too.

Upvote 0
^^^
@Lolita_Magnum Fully agree. 5G is slated to be another disappointment. Only the Govt will be happy getting 10s of 1000s of crores as spectrum fees. 🙂

Upvote 0
I already knew all this by 4G point as well as when our telecom minister tried 5G for the first time where he downl.... No wait 🤔
Where they video called other guy standing few feet away from him & also called him to test 5G voice call quality 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Truly an iconic 5G demonstration joke. Video calls were introduced in 3G and government is demonstrating that in 5G 🤣
I've lost all faith since then...

Upvote 0