VoLTE not working on a Vodafone prepaid SIM

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 21,786
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
So, I have a Redmi Note 4 and a Vodafone prepaid sim. If this issue is related to the phone or the Vodafone network, I really don't know.

If I put my sim card in a different phone, like Samsung it shows VOLTE, but it doesn't on Note 4. I have tried changing the region from India to Bangladesh, and vice versa. didn't help. If I put a different Vodafone sim in this phone, it shows VOLTE.

Installed this app and it shows this:

1593092592888.webp

1593092652189.webp

What to do?

Last edited:
Solution
After answering the same questions over and over again (4 times), Twitter team seems to have escalated the issue and finally it is working now.

7AHKz6X.webp
No volte means it will be switching to 3G for calls, 4G for data. This switchover leads to loss in battery as both operate on different technologies(hence drop in voice during initial days of 4g on every network except jio-jio).
I had this issue on Nokia 7+ when my voda sim did not enable volte.

Upvote 0
Maybe the tower from which it is getting the Volte signal is very far away and hence it is latching to a nearby tower, which probably does not have Volte enabled. The further the distance between tower and mobile, the more the radio component has to work hard to keep itself latched to the tower, which again leads to battery drain.

Upvote 0
change phone to "lte only" via service menu or whatever option u can search on.

Upvote 0
@Samuel on the first page on this thread where you enabled "phone info" set the preferred network type to "LTE only." Use the same code which you used to activate phone info.
Do note if you are in an 4g dead zone, you won't get any signal if you force your phone to LTE only mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Samuel is not losing VoLTE but complete 4G.
The SIM is switching to 3G.This is typical Vodafone but never happens on Airtel.
Try forcing LTE using phone info, but if you do not get signals then either your location has not been optimised for 4G or the SIM is faulty.

Upvote 0
As it turns out, Vodafone's network coverage as far as VOLTE calling is concerned has gone terrible in my area. It keeps fluctuating. Data works well, as long as it's on 4G otherwise it's quite unstable.

Airtel on the other hand has a pretty stable VOLTE connection. So I am in a fix. Are we literally living in a time when keeping two active numbers is more or less becoming a need? Because I can see Airtel staying in the market, not sure about Vodafone. Perhaps it's going to be Airtel Vs Jio now.

Upvote 0
I recall volte was pretty much unstable with Airtel till last year at my place. They have now made improvements wherein it would stick with Volte.
I too am a dilemma as Airtel has just 1 network bar in my room. Offcourse, going near the window helps but not always advisable. Kind off in a fix. The only option would be Jio which I don't want to.

Upvote 0