• Thread starter Thread starter shashankb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,016
ISP
▪️ BSNL Fiber
▪️ Jio 5G
▪️ AS139195-Seans Media
The way Telco providers are increasing their prices monthly in the last few months , Government can give way to Virtual number service operations similar to which run in the UK and USA . VOIP calling will bring down top giants like Airtel , Vodafone who change plans whenever they need for looting the money.
Why has Government put a ban on complete VOIP services . Are they getting commission from Bharti Airtel and Jio to keep them in the monopoly ?

Why VOIP with Telco interconnection still isnt available in India ?

Wait isn't it available I'm pretty sure my office uses a full VOIP system with a leased line from airtel.

I may be wrong but most commerical office (which are large enough) use a VOIP system for calls.

Does anyone know more about it?

@achaudhary997
Why VOIP with Telco interconnection still isnt available in India ?
The virtual numbers are not issued and TRAI clearly restricts that . The corporate giants and Call centres use a cloud based Telephony platform which is different from regular VOIP
In short In India, it is legal to use VoIP, but it is illegal to have VoIP gateways inside India. This effectively means that people who have PCs can use them to make a VoIP call to any number, but if the remote side is a normal phone, the gateway that converts the VoIP call to a POTS(Plane Old Telephone service) call should not be inside India.

Too much licensing by dot. Which is obviously to filter out small voip providers.

Remember ringo which found loophole to provide free calls via landline termination in agreement with videocon? How it was booted by airtel n idea hutch/voda by preventing call termination if videcon doesn't stop this. Dot /trai said nothing.

While there was no law they were violating. Still stopped service.