Voip In Mtnl Networks ?

• Thread starter Thread starter aiwa_05
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,830

aiwa_05

ISP
MTNL night unlimited reduced to 256kbps
can any one tell me that how can i use voip in mtnl networks and what equp i need and what is it actually ??????????

i know that it it used to make calls

anyoe plzzzzzz

Use search feature on this forum :

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE(aiwa_05 @ Mar 28 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]85164[/snapback]
thanks freak[/b]

One link given by "netfreak" refers to my post.

I had lot of trouble in starting my voip setup (though the errors which I was making were elementary. Thanks to help from two fellow members of this forum, namely GSV13 (Gavnit Singh) and Dandy (Dhannraj Pratap), I could make it operative). Before I give you some meaningful suggestions, please tell me (1) which country you intend to call (that would decide which voip provider you should select) (2) Are you prepared to use a headphone and mic connected to your PC for making calls (here you have a option, you can make calls from your normal telephone instrument without involving your PC, but that would mean buying an additional piece of hardware called ATA (analogue telephone adaptor), which costs about Rs.3000/- in Delhi market).

Once you give your clear requirement, I will furnish furthere relevant information.

Anil

thanks anil ,

i want to call persian gulf states and UK if u can help me ....for handset no prob , i just want my voice transferred to reciver ,headset wil be ok ......

about equip what is ATA and PAP2 , what sort of equipment i need

any tips .....mr. saxena

thanks
alex

If Headset is okay with you then trying out things is quite easy.

1. Register at http://www.sipnumber.com/
2. Install software provided by site
3. Start calling [ You get free 60 minutes to call in US]

If you find the experience worthwhile, then you can try other operators that give you better rates for UK / Far East.

QUOTE(netfreak @ Mar 29 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]85272[/snapback]
If Headset is okay with you then trying out things is quite easy.

1. Register at http://www.sipnumber.com/
2. Install software provided by site
3. Start calling [ You get free 60 minutes to call in US]

If you find the experience worthwhile, then you can try other operators that give you better rates for UK / Far East.[/b]
You can also try www.voipcheap.com
If you are OK with headset (with mic) dont bother about ATA, at least for now till you are satisfied with the service.
Anil

softphone + bluetooth dongle + bluetooth headset = best VOIP solution and peace of life!!! 😀

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Mar 30 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]85354[/snapback]
softphone + bluetooth dongle + bluetooth headset = best VOIP solution and peace of life!!! 😀[/b]

Hi coolbuddy_79,

Can u tell me how u config the softphone + bluetooth dongle + bluetooth headset, how does it work & do i need a SIP number for this config ?

Thanks
Derek

ok, here is a step-by-step guide to help u...1. You should register yourself with some voip provider (obviously!). I am with VoipStunt. Their softphone allows you to choose the sound device you want to use. Even x-lite supports that. In fact, x-lite is universal which means you can use any sip setting in that. 2. Then you need the bluetooth dongle, available in the range of Rs. 250/- to Rs. 350/- here in Delhi. 3. Install the software, connect the dongle, go to the settings of your softphone and select the sound device as "Bluetooth Audio". 4. Connect your bluetooth headset with your dongle/computer and you're ready to go.5. You only need a sip number in case you want incoming calls as well. 6. For that go to IPKall and register yourself and get a free incoming US number. 7. In the settings of IPKall website, give the voip providers server address and then you can get your incoming calls directly to your softphone/computer. I think this is enough for you to get going. In case, you still need futher assistance, would be happy to help. Enjoy!!! 😀

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Apr 3 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]86042[/snapback]
ok, here is a step-by-step guide to help u...

1. You should register yourself with some voip provider (obviously!). I am with VoipStunt. Their softphone allows you to choose the sound device you want to use. Even x-lite supports that. In fact, x-lite is universal which means you can use any sip setting in that.

2. Then you need the bluetooth dongle, available in the range of Rs. 250/- to Rs. 350/- here in Delhi.

3. Install the software, connect the dongle, go to the settings of your softphone and select the sound device as "Bluetooth Audio".

4. Connect your bluetooth headset with your dongle/computer and you're ready to go.

5. You only need a sip number in case you want incoming calls as well.

6. For that go to IPKall and register yourself and get a free incoming US number.

7. In the settings of IPKall website, give the voip providers server address and then you can get your incoming calls directly to your softphone/computer.

I think this is enough for you to get going. In case, you still need futher assistance, would be happy to help.

Enjoy!!! 😀[/b]
1. I found that most of the time (7 out of 10 times) IPKall does not ring my SIP number, and directs caller to leave voice mail, although my SIP phone is not busy and logged on to SIP service provider. Any suggestions, or I have to live with it. After all it is a free service and beggars can not be choosers.
2. Is there a way to use bluetooth dongle and headset with Linksys PAP2 ATA.

Anil

^^^1)Try FWD freeworlddialup.com instead of sipnumber. 2) Bluetooth could be used with softphone only. It's like having a wireless headset.

@anilsaxena1. i never faced that problem...mine would go to voice mail only if my softphone is not up.2. gavneet has already replied to that...dongle can only be used with a comp (as much i know).

if u already own pap2 ata then you are better off using a cordless phone, besides there is no way of using dongle+headset (no usb/blurtooth/audio out port on pap2).by the way i am using sipgate which give 'real' geographic numbers for uk. everywhere else they sell for $15/month onwards. so if u are going to call/ recieve calls from uk then i will recommend them. B)