Voice Call (PC to PC) on Home 750 UL

• Thread starter Thread starter shamvil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,530

shamvil

ISP
BSNL 750 Unlimited
Hi,I am having Home 700 UL plan of BSNL, I just want to know that if i will make a voice call i.e from PC to PC via Yahoo Messenger or Skype, then is BSNL charging any extra amount for that one.Do i have to pay any extra charges apart from my Home 700 UL plan, if i will make voice calls or if i will do voice chatting.😗

Yes. Definitely.

Installation and Other Charges
You should get your Own mic + Headphone /speaker.(BSNL does not provide them)
No Istallation provided by BSNL, For installing, refer the soundcard / mic manual.
So, no installation charges

Tariff
Call charges: Rs0.00/lifetime for pc to pc calls.

If you find you have been billed for that, Reply here immediately.

@bhargawaI had all those peripherals, the only thing which i want to know is that is BSNL charging any amount if we will make a VOIP call (PC-PC Only)

Sorry shamvil, for being sarcastic.now are you speaking of Yahoo, skype voice chat or using a VOIP device ?If you are using a headphone+mic for Voice chat, it is absolutely Free, BSNL will not charge you anything.

Hi Bhargawa,
i am talking about to make a voice call (pc-pc) either from Yahoo Messenger or from Skype or from rediff bol.
My brother is in U.A.E & he also is having a broadband connection there.
I want to do voice chat with him over Yahoo Messenger or skype or Rediff bol.

I DONT HAVE ANY VOIP DEVICE, I WANT TO CHAT WITH MY MIC+HEADPHONE VIA YAHOO MESSENGER ONLY

No need to Pay any extra.. Since, u r in Unlimited Plan, everything is free...

He doesn't need to pay extra in any plan.Unlimited plan doesn't apply here.

He doesn't need to pay extra in any plan.
If somebody is having home 250 plan as then he too doesn't have to pay any other charge !!
Wat abt the voice packets which will be sent over internet That will be considered as data & the same will be added in daily usage.
Isn't it, Kindly correct me if am wrong

i think mrbgupta meant to say that no extra charge is applicable in any plan except the usual data transfer which happens during voice chat.if that exceeds the limit then only you have to pay extra for that much extra data transfer.

no extra charge is applicable in any plan except the usual data transfer .
Wat has data transfer to do,If a person is having unlimited plan, For unlimited plan users it won't make any sense for them as how much data or how much usage he will make use of

yes you are right. You need not concern about this.
Now u r scaring me, Plz tell me will the voice chat be considered as additional service, Wat i mean is that if i willl do voice chatting, the voice will be sent over intertnet as data packets or as data, BSNL will take that data packets as a data only & will consider as a downloaded data, but if a person is having limited plan i.e home 250 then he should worry as he is having only 1 gb of dat limit while as a user who is having unlimited plan will not have to worry as he can download infinitely,

Members@Broadbandforum... Plz need ur help in this:wall:😕

you are simply making a simple thing complex by thinking in complex way.Suppose you use pc-to-pc call for 1 hour. It will be taken as data transfer, say 10 MB download and 10 MB upload.So you will end up spending 20 MB from your usage limit.Except in free hours If you just connect to the internet and do nothing say, no browsing no chatting , Data get transferred be it of small size.For unlimited users free hour is 24 hours/day and for limited users 2 am to 8 am.Whatever you do in the free hours doesn't get counted towards your usage limit.Is it OK for you or should I call my Mathematics teacher during school days?😛

you are simply making a simple thing complex by thinking in complex way.

Suppose you use pc-to-pc call for 1 hour. It will be taken as data transfer, say 10 MB download and 10 MB upload.So you will end up spending 20 MB from your usage limit.
Except in free hours If you just connect to the internet and do nothing say, no browsing no chatting , Data get transferred be it of small size.
For unlimited users free hour is 24 hours/day and for limited users 2 am to 8 am.

Whatever you do in the free hours doesn't get counted towards your usage limit.

Is it OK for you or should I call my Mathematics teacher during school days?😛
No need to call Mathematics teacher, We all are here to help each other, If u r getting frustated by our words then kindly don't obstruct, May b u r having a good knowledge of all these stuffs & we don't have so much, We are here to clear our doubts & not to criticize each other, So mind ur words😗

If people go through the visitor messages in profiles of me and you they will understand clearly who is criticizing whom.Signing off from this thread permanently.