VoLTE on Vodafone India

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
Yes, LTE is already on us and to be frank, it is a huge disappointment.
Peak speeds early morning or late night : 30 Mbps
Lowest speeds : 1 Mbps
Average speeds during the day : 5-15 Mbps.

Since our phones are falling back to 3G for making and receiving phone calls, when is Vodafone expected to deploy Voice over LTE protocol (VoLTE) ?

Nobody would know when volte would be implemented. I guess it would happen only when rjio is launched , since Rjio is going to support volte and that would put pressure on other carriers to deploy it too.

If you are on VoLTE - ur call will go over VoLTE to Vodafone tower / server.

And then it depends on how vodafone and JIO are connected internally.

But for both end users - on Vodafone as well as JIO - it will be over VoLTE

Vodafone and Airtel are still purposely making it hard for calls to connect when made from Jio network.

Airtel is the worst network one can use in Mumbai. Vodafone is good and Jio is fast approaching Vodafone levels of voice quality and network stability.

Even if Vodafone deploys VoLTE, I still won't port out from Jio because:
  1. I HATE to see 2G/E symbol on my phone. 2G network has no business in today's data centric world. Flood the market with cheap Rs. 2000 feature phones for everyone to use and totally disable 2G & 3G network.
  2. I traveled to remote areas of Maharashtra and was surprised to see Jio network on my phone. Even if I had 1 bar, internet was perfectly usable with speeds ranging from 1-5 Mbps. My friends on the other hand had zero network on Vodafone or 1 bar on 2G/Edge in Airtel. Everyone knows how fast 1 bar on 2G is.
  3. I am quite liking the convenience of MyJio app to queue up recharges and activate them when necessary. Airtel and Vodafone apps are filled with THOROUGHLY USELESS offers which I won't ever need.
  4. I still believe Rs. 999 for 60 GB 90 days (not per day) Jio plan is the best out there.
However, a family member will test out how this VoLTE thinggy pans out with Vodafone because even after 6 months, Airtel VoLTE is buggy as hell.

What happened to their so called Volte launch in Mumbai ? They launched it only in Gujarat, and are mum now. They will supposed to launch it in early january.

Vodafone's call quality has is becoming bad day by day. I am facing frequent call drops and even in full coverage areas, others cannot listen. Hope the volte changes that situation for good.