Vodafone Unlimited GPRS---- New Tricks----

• Thread starter Thread starter sarang2502
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 135,527
what speed do you get for downloads.

Try taking a speed test at speedtest.net

I am using vodafone USB stick, and get 20-30kbps downloading speed most of the time.

Dude no need for speed-test.. I am using since 2 months.. speed is gr8 on EDGE networks..
I gt 20-40 Kbps.. Maximum at night... Why to use Stick if there is UL plan on GPRS...

hello sarang
this satyam from ahmedabad.
i say thanks to your by heart with your this helpful post
i just activated 111 GPRS plan in my vodafone prepaid connection.
and i tried your trick and it really works in opera and firefox web browser
but i would like to tell you that when i try to open sites like www.ibnlive.com,www.twitter.com the sight displyed in PC is same as in mobile means i am not able to use full web version of these sites.
so is it possible to view view full site?
thanks again
i will be waiting for your next useful post

how much did it cost ghpk for the vodafone USB stick? and wats the rental?

Rs.2599/-Total initial cost of 3G USB modem + sim + activation.
Rs.499/- + Tax Per month for the plan.

I am very happy with the quality and constant connection,
I used to be a RIM Datacard user for years, and now 3 of my friends have also left Reliance USB after seeing my usb stick performance.

hello sarang
this satyam from ahmedabad.
i say thanks to your by heart with your this helpful post
i just activated 111 GPRS plan in my vodafone prepaid connection.
and i tried your trick and it really works in opera and firefox web browser
but i would like to tell you that when i try to open sites like www.ibnlive.com,www.twitter.com the sight displyed in PC is same as in mobile means i am not able to use full web version of these sites.
so is it possible to view view full site?
thanks again
i will be waiting for your next useful post

Sorry for late reply...
it should not happen in firefox..
still if it happens then do following:

>Search for firefox addon: "User Agent Switcher" (u can search in tools>addons>)
>Install that addon in firefox. It wud be xpi file (extension)
>Goto Tools>UserAgent Switcher>Search Bots>Googlebot

Now u may have solved d problem...
U can also use IE 8 user-agent provided in list.

By doing this the string which u ,nade in about:config will automatically be reseted.
Every time u on firefox u have to switch user-agent.

does this work in mumbai ?

yes, it works with vodafone connection (pre-paid)
only thing is u shud have unlimited plan.. ask ur Cust. Care..

There is 95 Rs plan in mumbai wherein u get 5 GB free... This may nt b the latest information.

Is this 95Rs plan "Vodafone Live" plan OR "Vodafone mobile connect" plan?i.e. can u connect to ANY port instead of just port 80?

i tried it here in bangalore we dont have any unlimited vodafone live plans
its kind of expensive considering 10rs per MB

but if you want to get connected or talk it works.
Even Gtalk gets connected after putting those proxy settings
Have'nt tried for msn cause i knew it would take a lot of bandwidth and didnt had that much credit with me.
Its best to use Gmail in HTML Mode rather than using it with labs or google gears .
Facebook works in Full Form no mobile mode or Lite version

took a speed test too ...
The speed is around 4KB/s for downloads. FDM Works

Though there are plans for Vodafone Mobile Connect am not sure if i would want that

The Speed Test Result With Vodafone Live In Bangalore - Karnataka

https://www.speedtest.net

Getting dis speed at day time.. Off peak speed is 25-30 kb/s..

Proxifier can be used for HTTP tunneling and surfing vodafone live in all applications in PC...
Including yahoo messenger, gtalk, IDM, etc. but not torrents..

Dear Sarang u said that "I am using VL111 Unlimited Service from 7 Jan-10 (In Gujarat) , And have utilized maximum of it. You wont believe that my Download Log on mobile shows a whooping 4.5 GB downloaded data."R u sure of downloading is free in VL111 UL service?? as I have talk with customer care, they said, internet surfing on mobile is free, but downloading charges at actual cost.please clarify my doubt if u hv information.thnx in advance.

i was wondering if there is any way round to use joikuspot application with any method. for those who dont know it makes a wifi enabled phone a wifi router.i downloaded the lite version which only supports https.also are there any settings so that i can use skyfire web browser with vodafone live. it cannot be directly used. i get error regarding connection doesnt have required APN to show content skyfire loads.BTW skyfire web browser provides desktop like web browsing including flash player. i tried it on Nokia 5800. youtube and farmville work fine on it.

@tri_vis,

hey its free... according to vodafone downloading means, the stuff which we download through Vodafone Live Site.. Which is chargeable (i.e. ringtones, wallpapers, services, etc.) but what is given here is counted under surfing..

So dont worry and njoy vodafone.. Its d best..

For latest Updates Go to link:

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST VODAFONE GPRS UPDATES