Vodafone to reissue mobile numbers not used for 60 days

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 8,526
Just for my knowledge, what was the condition before?

at least 6 months. because you were required to recharge the phone every six months to ensure that it remained active. 🙂

why? it makes perfect sense. if you have not used a number for two months, you are not using it actively. india has a major shortage of mobile numbers. people discard prepaid numbers like anything. i myself have used so many numbers that i have lost count.

Below Disclaimer is showing on Vodafone Website since last 1 months. I thought it would have been discussed here.

That doesn't give them right to cancel my number so fast.... 😡 that's not acceptable........ Timeline for this should be atleast 1 year...... I paid for that number...... That belongs to me

Right. But we also have to be ready for unknown calls. I still remember a case which happened with one of my friend who had bought a new mobile number. Several banks were continuously calling him and asking for someone else and about non-payment of bank loans/credit card payments. It was later found out that the number was actually a disconnected number allocated to him. He finally had to dump that number and take another one.Such issues will become common now.

DND takes care of these numbers. Of course, it would be nuisance for people who wish to subscribe to some or all categories. I had a nasty interaction with an ICICI recovery agent recently. She had dialed a wrong number and I was accused of lying about my identity. Not nice. At least she called me back when she realized that she had called the wrong number. Made a mistake. Should have reported it as a spam call 😛

I have fresh numbers still I receive lots of wrong numbers. There are many idiotic peoples who close their eyes while dialing numbers 😛issed-off: And some are even more nonsense who keeps on calling you even though you reply them " Wrong Number " in 1st instance. I think they feel calling wrong number 4-5 times will make it correct number 😛BTW 2 Months is very short period. And telecom companies never allocate numbers immediately after deactivation They keep the number in Quarantine Mode for 1 or 2 months before allocating it to New Starter Kit .

this is why i am so excited about google contacts integration with google places. if it works well. at least for android users, you would never have an outdated number of your friends on android. it would fetch the latest number posted by your friend on their plus account. facebook integrated had a similar benefit though android no longer has that. Apple i do not think have anything similar but i guess the above functionality would be offered through google sync in the future...

I think Facebook integration is still there. One of my friends own Galaxy S2 and he had not saved my number. Recently he changed his Facebook login and all contacts had gone. Later when he logged in, all contacts were back. Someone can try this . I am sure this feature is still in place.

google removed facebook contacts integration in android 2.3.

facebook does provide the ability to call from within their app. samsung might be doing their own integration with facebook. hard to say.

We believe it is very important that users are able to control their data. So in the over-the-air update for Nexus S, we have a small change to how Facebook contacts appear on the device. For Nexus S users who downloaded the Facebook app from Android Market, Facebook contacts will no longer appear to be integrated with the Android Contacts app. Since Facebook contacts cannot be exported from the device, the appearance of integration created a false sense of data portability. Facebook contact data will continue to appear within the Facebook app. Like all developers on Android, Facebook is free to use the Android contacts API to truly integrate contacts on the device, which would allow users to have more control over their data. We are removing the special-case handling of Facebook contacts on Nexus S and future lead devices. We continue to believe that reciprocity (the expectation that if information can be imported into a service it should be able to be exported) is an important step toward creating a world of true data liberation -- and encourage other websites and app developers to allow users to export their contacts as well.

Google disables contact sync in Facebook for Android, but only Nexus S for now -- Engadget

----------

and what you said just confirmed what google states here. that facebook gives a fake sense of data portability. if you log out, you lose access to the numbers. 😀 insane.

why? it makes perfect sense. if you have not used a number for two months, you are not using it actively.

india has a major shortage of mobile numbers. people discard prepaid numbers like anything. i myself have used so many numbers that i have lost count.

why..?

No. were never given for free ppl paid for it 100-150 or more/less

Say I have a backup no./operator I don't use it that much and say once I do not even use it for 2 months... but it has more than Rs 200 buks bal. that its self should imply no. is not discarded by the user.

How can they sell off the dam no. without even letting the user know about it and if someone else will be getting all the personal data of the previous owner aswell then that can easily be miss used.

Now check out another situation. Say some Old person is using a cell and doesn't use it much and once doesn't use it for 2 Months then WTF? the poor dude has to go through all this trouble ? this is seriously......messed....

and WTF? if I am not in India for 2 Months do I need to make sure that someone calls me or atleast messages me on my dam cell just so that I could keep it active ya this some ...... shit !

No. which have -ve bal. or bal. in paisa should be discarded 1st..