Vodafone to reissue mobile numbers not used for 60 days

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 8,517
Rules get changed with time and Money. If DOT had failed to provide new number series, then they will definitely have to change their rules. This would be suggested by all telcos only.

Every telco will follow it..make a call from your number today to retain it.

----------

I've already lost my one idea number in over confidence. :haha:

it says that you have to make calls in the first two months of activating a connection.

hah! I have ported one faltu number from airtel to voda 7 month back...never made a call..no incoming no outgoing...number is still active and in my name. ...vodafone rocks! :iconrofl:

I still remember the days, when you were hardly given grace days between recharges (In Chennai, One of the telcos launched 7 days grace for recharges and that was considered big those days)

----------

Another thing that comes to mind is that all the telcos had come up with plans like one-time payment of 888, 999 etc & they will get "life-time" validity card, need to recharge once in 6 months.. even that gets affected by this?

^ Yes I believe any Vodafone number comes under this.I think they should make it more like 3 months atleast. 2 months is a bit too less.Btw, speaking of wrong numbers, there was some guy who used to call me on my old number. I had that number for a very long time and I'm sure he must have been calling me every now and then for over a year atleast, maybe even 2. I had grown tired of telling him that this was a wrong number and not to call again. He was a real persistent bloke and just kept calling. :dont-know: Wonder if he expected whomever he intended to call to miraculously answer the phone instead of me. I stopped picking up his call after the first few times.

My Brother's Bangalore VF number was not used for about 60 days and 1 final day when I called on that number, someone else picked up and said the number is used by someone in Udupi.He apparently had taken this number from VF store on the same day I called him.

why? it makes perfect sense. if you have not used a number for two months, you are not using it actively.

Yes but what if you went abroad for two months? There will be international charges so many of them do not use it, and in most cases the trip exceeds two months. Now if you are a Vodafone or Airtel subscriber and this is your only contact number where people can reach you when you are in India will you like to lose it? I still think the periodic recharging was a better option, say once every 6 months, and the idea is logical because ultimately the main concern of the operators is revenue and not whether their services are actively used.

Also, I am against the idea of operators move to immediately put the disconnected numbers for sale, as many of the forum members here are complaining and it appears many of them would like to reclaim it or reactivate it. The Operators needs to wait atleast another 6months to allow the customer to come back and reclaim it. These operators should not go about and do things as they please, it is affecting their customers, they should have conducted a survey before going ahead with this. And lastly TRAI needs to put a stop to it, and follow it with a well thought of process for disconnecting numbers.