Vodafone starts Prepaid Balance Transfer facility in Mumbai circle

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 14,214

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
Vodafone has introduced its balance transfer facility for its customers in Mumbai circle.
For transferring balance from one Vodafone number to another the donor needs to dial *131**# For example. *131*15*9820012345# Processing Fee:-
[TABLE="width: 40%"]
[TR]
[TD]Amt Transferred[/TD]
[TD]Processing Fee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rs. 5- Rs. 9[/TD]
[TD]Rs. 1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rs. 10 – Rs. 24[/TD]
[TD]Rs. 2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rs. 25-Rs. 30[/TD]
[TD]Rs. 3[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Balance Request Vodafone customer can also request balance of another Vodafone Prepaid customer within Mumbai. The donor needs to dial *132**# For example:*132*15*9820012345#
There is no charge for requesting balance, a request can be sent any number of times in a day.

Source:
http://www.vodafone.in/prepaid/plans/pages/prepaid_balance_transfer_mum.aspx?cid=mum

Can a Postpaid Customer transfer some balance to prepaid, bcoz that actually could be much much better ..... 🙂

Balance request???

that wud be breach of my privacy if someone else can know what is the balacne of my mobile.

----------

And there shud be a way to disable this.

What if tomorrow some thief steals my mobile? he can simply transfer my balance to anyone.

what if i dont want this facility?

what if i am not at my desk but left the mobile there and someone else abuses it?

hence i shud be able to disable such transfers.

No privacy breach. One had to only make request . It only depends on you whether you have sufficient balance to transfer requested amount or you wish to transfer that amount by using *131 USSD. Requester won't be knowing your available balance anyhow.

wow .. the concerns have already started !even i did not like the idea of checking others balance (that too free)...and yes of the thief also.. he will have the mobile and also transfer out the money (Rs. 30 max a day)may be this way thief is traced & found easily by the number where he is transfering amount?

Can a Postpaid Customer transfer some balance to prepaid, bcoz that actually could be much much better ..... 🙂

how will postpaid customer transfer the balance? postpaid customer never has concept of balance!

Regarding mobile theft, definately it would be a threat, but simultaneously, you can get details from the Vodafone on which number amount had been transferred and caught the collor of the thief 😉

----------

how will postpaid customer transfer the balance? postpaid customer never has concept of balance!

If Vodafone Wish , they can give facility for postpaid too and all transferred amount to be charged in monthly bill.

may be this way thief is traced & found easily by the number where he is transfering amount?

wow...so u think thief wud be that dumb? they wud transfer balance to someone else.

and who is going to complain to police for 30Rs? nobody cares abt mobile after its stolen because its impossible to get back unless u r very lucky.

the point is..earlier i wud lose mobile.. now i will lose my balance too everyday till i contact vodafone.

so there has to be a way to disable this. i dont want anyone to be able to transfer my balance.. its my money.. i didnt ask for such a feature... even if free.. i dont want it.

so they have to give a way to disable it.

If Vodafone Wish , they can give facility for postpaid too and all transferred amount to be charged in monthly bill.

haha. well...its there wish.. but vodafone is not a credit card company. what if person does not pay the bill?

i know there are ways..but it wud be headache for them.

with prepaid transfer balance wud go from 1 account to other.. but money will always remain with them.

with postpaid transfer.. first money will go out from their pocket and they will have to raise a bill too and follow up with customer if customer does not pay. too much hassle.

Why so much concern ? 1. Even thief won't be so smart to transfer the amount. 2. Its not because of Rs 30 but because of handset cost which can be of 15k to 20k, one can register a police complaint and get the thief traced.3. It take max 2 hrs in Vodafone to get the services barred from call centre or Store . So each and every balance is saved. 🙂

not me ... but always want to check your balance 😉

haha. well...its there wish.. but vodafone is not a credit card company. what if person does not pay the bill?

i know there are ways..but it wud be headache for them.

with prepaid transfer balance wud go from 1 account to other.. but money will always remain with them.

with postpaid transfer.. first money will go out from their pocket and they will have to raise a bill too and follow up with customer if customer does not pay. too much hassle.

Come on Dude, If Vodafone is giving 5000 credit limit to me and taking risk of payment, then I am sure they won't bother giving Rs 30 per day more.

And Telcos are very good is Payment collection and with MNP, very few will dare to do payment defaults and frauds 🙂

Why so much concern?

come on man... its simple. i dont want this feature.. i want to be able to disable it

afterall its my money at risk.