Vodafone spam on a brand new connection

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
If it was not bad that they enabled some VAS on this connection.

SMS like these are seriously annoying.

My mom uses this connection and I am not amused.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
yeap. it is the 30 buck per month VAS.
Yea. i went to my parents native place ( a village) and there one guy living beside my grandma's house came to me and said that money was deducted for no reason.

When i called the CC ..she said that he activated sms buddys or some message service. When i looked in the inbox . . i came to know that they charged 3Rs per message along with 30Rs for that VAS!

I was pissed. People in cities and towns may recognize this scam but people in village may not recognize them.

Sid

Sid
Regulars
Aug 18, 2009
BlackHole
Ladki kabhi fokat mein nahi milti boss :grin:.BTW thr spam already starts with thr flash messages!!!!!!!! Have to turn off.(Msg to sweety> kya aap kutto k saamne naachengi :p)

iChaitanya

Regulars
Nov 28, 2005
Pune, India
My grandfather (who knows just how to make & receive cals) used to receive such msgs on his airtel. :confused:They even activated some chat service on his no. without his consent. airtel is the biggest crook of them all.

solariiknight

Regular
Regulars
Nov 7, 2011
Nagercoil
I don't understand Hindi.. but BSNL sends a similar spam: "Hi my name is Priya, wanna chat with me? then subscribe to no.xxxx"

----------

what do these operators think? Using girls as an object to seduce men? disgusting! :mad ()::mad ():

mehrotra.akash

Regular
Regulars
May 17, 2008
I don't understand Hindi.. but BSNL sends a similar spam: "Hi my name is Priya, wanna chat with me? then subscribe to no.xxxx"

----------

what do these operators think? Using girls as an object to seduce men? disgusting! :mad ()::mad ():

They could use men to seduce men, but the audience is not as large then