I think this kind of facility was already there in Hutch but they discontinued due to unpopularity. If this time too the process will be complicated, it would again will be a fail.
It was like that.
1. Visit Hutch Store
2. Clear all Outstanding Amt
3. Submit Sim Card
4. A relocation form will be issued.
5. Go to Destination Circle Store
6. Fill CAF along with Photo ID & Address Proof
7. New Number will be allocated
The only thing you retain is AON and Credit Limit Benefit i.e you will still be treated as Old customer and benefits will continue unlike new customers.
In comparison to that Reliance had much better Relocation option,
1. Nothing to do in existing City
2. Visit Destination Circle Store
3. Fill CAF along with ID & Address Proof
4. In Case of CDMA, new number will be allocated as per new circle. (I am unsure if similar process exist for GSM too)
They call it hassle free, but any mishandling in between can totally spoil this Relocation experience and one will end up buying a new connection which usually happened during Hutch Time. But I am confused if the above things were available in Hutch or Airtel :001unsure: