• Thread starter Thread starter ganesh177
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 278,579

ganesh177

Regulars
ISP
BSNL broadband
I saw this ads in paper about vodafone giving its prepaid subscribers the chance to get 10 rs credit balance by sending sms CREDIT (to 144 i guess). This is good thing started by VF for most of people when there balance gets over and there are no shops nearby or its nighttime and you need to make emergency calls. I myself was stucked in such situation where i wished i had at least 1 re balance at least to give a miscall. So this i think is a welcomed addon by VF. May be others will copy it soon.

yeah i heard it on radio today. sounds like a good offer to me.

yes ad is coming on TV from last sunday (thats when i saw it first)

condition is that ur balance shud be less than 5Rs. there is no mention of how many times u can recharge.

From wordings it seems, as many times as u want, everytime ur balance goes below 5Rs

http://www.vodafone.in/vodafone/events/pages/chhota_credit.aspx
Chhota Credit
Sometimes getting a little extra when you really need it, could help you a lot. That´s why Vodafone brings you Chhota Credit. So the next time you have to make that all important call and your balance is less than Rs 5, just SMS CREDIT to 144 (toll free).

Each time you use Chhota Credit, Rs 10 will be credited to your balance for a period of 7 days and this amount along with a transaction fee of Re 1 will be adjusted against your next recharge. You can make use of Chhota Credit if you have been with us for more than 3 months and have balance validity of more than 7 days.

yeah this is a good offer. atleast they did something on their own.you have to sms CREDIT to 144 (toll-free).customers using vodafone for less than 3 months cannot use this service.man vodafone website surely sucks. it doesnt work work properly with firefox. 😡

yup thats what they said on the radio ad. the money would be deducted from the next recharge so there is no limit on the number of emergency recharges. they are taking a chance of just rs. 10 per customer. rs. 1 is service charge... that's a somewhat daring move from vodafone.

I was thinkng of trying to send SMS CREDIT to 144 to test if i get 10Rs even when my balance is abv 200Rs. But this validity of 7days worries me. What if sending this SMS will trim my existing validity which is abt 45 days more.

i was about to post that. 😛 there is no mention of how many times you can use. i dont get what that 7 days thingy exactly means.

i like that ad. 😀

they are taking a chance of just rs. 10 per customer. rs. 1 is service charge... that's a somewhat daring move from vodafone.

they are, but they can always hunt you down and get those 10 rs back.

@amish - it says if balance is less than 5 rs. so i dont think it would work.

there has to be some limit on number of recharges as otherwise what i will do is take 1 new SIM card of 99Rs every month with 1 month validity , just for outgoing calls, and after 3months, keep recharging with 10Rs everytime balance goes below 5 and throw that SIM card at end of its 4month i.e. never recharge it, and use next one, next month!yes i have to pay for 3 SIM cards i.e. 300Rs but i can make unltd calls! (even STD/ISD free!)

but you would have to wait for 3 months. you might say waiting for 3 months is worth the free calls.as i said in earlier post, they have your adress. so they can always hunt you down to your house.this is the very first thing that came in my mind too, like many others. they must be having some way to prevent misuse. im sure they arent so dumb enough just to introduce this and not know that it could be easily misused.

I saw the TV AD, but for me Virgin Mobile's offer seems better. Where you get paid for incoming, I have a lot of friends who call me, so it's good(I have'nt bought one though).And the AD reminds me of my school days, when we would make our pens vomit ink and make it suck it again. And inturn I would get pounded by my mother for pouring some on my shirt.Butnow, I am in college, and have'nt used ink pen for a loooooooong time.

there has to be some limit on number of recharges as otherwise what i will do is take 1 new SIM card of 99Rs every month with 1 month validity , just for outgoing calls, and after 3months, keep recharging with 10Rs everytime balance goes below 5 and throw that SIM card at end of its 4month i.e. never recharge it, and use next one, next month!

yes i have to pay for 3 SIM cards i.e. 300Rs but i can make unltd calls! (even STD/ISD free!)

I don't think they would allow unlimited emergency recharge.

It would be only one time. Once you have used it, you will have to first clear the debit account by recharging from the shop, and ig again ur bal goes below Rs 5, you can make an emergency recharge. So at a time, your account can have only one outstanding Rs 10 recharge.

seems to be a good move by VF, Their TV AD was a really nice one...i need to try this thing out when my bal goes below 5rs🙂

Guys, for the first time I recharged with Chota Credit recharge of Rs.10 by sending Credit to 144. Then I got a confirmation reply. Then a message saying "Hello! Your prepaid account has been credited with a Chinna(Chota) Credit of Rs.10 valid upto 24 hrs."

Now, what does that chota credit of Rs.10 valid upto 24 hrs
mean? does it mean I ll have to finish off the amount within 24 hrs frm that time ?

exactly that.the company believes that 24 hours is enough for you to find a store to recharge your card!