Vodafone now has ads before caller tunes?

Ankur85

[OP]
Feb 21, 2010
Today i activated caller-tune service on my prepaid phone after a long time and when i asked one of friends to call me........i was shocked to listen vodafone's adv or prompt whatever u may call it for good 8-9 seconds......:mad_2:Unless you are busy or commuting in a crowded place.......u would pick-up the phone in that time frame........I have written a e-mail to them......let's see their response...

kickass

Super Adm1n
Regulars
Oct 3, 2011
Mumbai
they shudn't be putting ads in it coz its not a free service. they r charging u a monthly rental for it. cheap bastards.

Ankur85

[OP]
Feb 21, 2010
i know for sure that they won't refund me the amount.......what i will do is to deactivate it before expiry of 30days subscription..........these companies find "cheap" ways to dupe their customers....

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
its actually irritating. Even Docomo does this! The ad goes like this " If you're a docomo customer. .plz press * to set this song as your caller tune" And then the song starts!

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Airtel even tells you the subscription charges before the song starts. Caller tunes are pretty much worthless, imho.

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
Regulars
May 21, 2011
Delhi
Today i activated caller-tune service on my prepaid phone after a long time and when i asked one of friends to call me........i was shocked to listen vodafone's adv or prompt whatever u may call it for good 8-9 seconds......:mad_2:

Unless you are busy or commuting in a crowded place.......u would pick-up the phone in that time frame........

I have written a e-mail to them......let's see their response...

Give a call to their customer care. They will remove the ad that runs prior to the caller tune then and there itself. I have gotten ads removed from both my Vodafone and Airtel numbers by calling the CC. Takes 2 minutes.

Though I agree that ads should not run before the song in the first place.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
^ How exactly? I was told point blank that if I picked the phone quickly, the caller wouldn't hear a tune and they (VF) could not do anything to disable it from one number. I told them to FO.