Vodafone Mumbai: 3G Pay As You Use - 2p/10kb or 10p/10kb ?

• Thread starter Thread starter sachins
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,471

sachins

The Bastard Son
ISP
Cablenet
So I sent an sms "act 3g" to 144 and got a message saying that it will be activated with 24 hours.

The recent news is that they have reduced the rates to 2p/10kb but their vodafone mumbai website says that 2p/10kb applies if i'm on a 3g plan where free usage is utilized but still within validity period. Post validity is 10p/10kb.

I don't want to wait 24 hours. Anyone around here from mumbai kind enough to tell me what the charges are for pay as you use 3g?

Hello Sachin,

Please share your contact number with us at http://bit.ly/QtQIuF and we will get back to you with assistance.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

Hello Sachin,

Please share your contact number with us at http://bit.ly/QtQIuF and we will get back to you with assistance.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

why cant you simply answer his question? its simple question, isnt it?additionally u post the reply twice!

parrots have come to visit our land.real answer is that if you subscribe to any 3g pack, you get some free mb and some validity.During that validy if you finish free mb, you will be charged 2p/10KB for extra download beyond free mb.After the validity, any download is 10p/10KB.

Hello Sachin,

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

Hello Sachin,

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

If you cannot answer simple questions then consider leaving this forum. Don't behave like an idiot.

Yes Vel India... please leave... we know better than your comments.You are good on twitter but don't drive away traffic of this forum to other websites.

because it is not a bot.the user name of Sachin is sachins and the so called bot is addressing as "Sachin"

Yep its a real person.But he has been trained to reply just one thing. Only thing where he has to apply his brain is to put proper name 😀

Just noticed on vodafone home page.

They are now offering online chat support.

Hopefully that would be better than Vel India or such bots!

Link I get from their home page:
Vodafone Live Chat

Looks like some sort of tieup with some 3rd party

Trying it.First it does not support Firefox on Linux. Tells me that browser is compatible. Even though it supports Firefox on Windows.So I faked user agent. So now it stops complaining about browser.But wait now it keeps redirecting me to same front page and keeps asking me for my number.Strangly it says that I already have "chat session" running.But I dont see any chat area on the page. i.e. I dont see chat box.It just keeps showing same page.Ok I give up.. does not work for me.

During that validy, you will be charged 2p/10KB for extra download beyond free mb.

After the validity, any download is 10p/10KB.
Thanks for the answer.

I was looking at other operators basic(no need for any subscription plan) tariff for 3g data. There are four 3g operators in mumbai.

Mtnl charges 2p/10kb
Airtel charges 3p/10kb
Reliance charges 10p/10kb
and finally
Vodafone charges 10p/10kb

I guess both Reliance and Vodafone are not interested in people using 30-50mb data/month. Instead they want people who use 500mb-1gb/month. This makes sense because it increases revenue/earnings per subscriber.

First it does not support Firefox on Linux. Tells me that browser is compatible. Even though it supports Firefox on Windows.
Browser support is pathetic. This reminds of indian online banking sites. They too have a problem with supporting non-microsoft browsers.
This browser is not compatible with chat. Please use one of the following browsers:

On Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 and Windows 95:
Internet Explorer version 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
Netscape version 6,7.0,7.1
Netscape Communicator version 4.7
Mozilla Firefox version 1.0.4, 2.x, 3.0

On Windows XP:
Internet Explorer version 6.0, 7.0, 8.0

On Mac OS:
Internet Explorer version 5.0, 5.5
Netscape version 6.1
Netscape Communicator version 4.7

No the thing here is. Banking sites either dont support firefox at all or supports it.Here this vodafone chat thing, supports firefox on windows but not linux.Makes no sense.

same considering chrome (webkit) based browsers are probably the dominating ones in the indian market today.