Vodafone Mumbai - 2GB GPRS plan available for POSTPAID customers?

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanthaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Views Views 68,854
I have friends in my office who are using the 2 GB GPRS plan for 99 rs/month (POSTPAID- Mumbai)
This is not updated on the vodafone website. They were planning to use MNP and were offered the package.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Oh... i forgot to mention...
This is Vodafone Mobile Connect and hence access to all pages (www).
If you are a postpaid customer you can call CC to activate.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

And it also works on the iPhone

just called up the customer care (vodafone) and asked if it was ok to do Mobile Number Portability with a corporate sim. He was like sir to which network do you want to go, i said airtel or idea and they're telling me ok sir, happy to help you.

I'm like WHAT??

Guess they really have too much customers and not interested in keeping them 😀

I went with my friend to MTNL Prabhadevi exchange as he wanted to shifted to MTNL 3G, as we were going he was getting calls frm Vodafone customer care bozo's (actually from yesterday) they had even promised their network techs would contact him, they never did. But at the Vodofone shop at Prabhadevi they had a could not care less attitude 😀 Looks like they have found many incoming Bakras :ishock:

Dude thanx but my basic question remains :

CAN we view normal WWW websites and ARE there any additional charges for surfing??? GOD MAN!! EVERY1 in Vodafone is so confused!!

just been to vodafone store and they told 2 GB plan is for 99 .. officially it alloww for browsing only .. but he told that there are many user who says they download using the same paln and not getting charged extra ...

I went to Vodafone store too.. I asked will I be able to access internet using laptop/PC .. he clearly said yes.. he asked me to activate VMC..(at no extra cost)... i did all that and it is working as expected.i dont know why vodafone store that u went to.. said browsing only?

I have friends in my office who are using the 2 GB GPRS plan for 99 rs/month (POSTPAID- Mumbai)
This is not updated on the vodafone website. They were planning to use MNP and were offered the package.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Oh... i forgot to mention...
This is Vodafone Mobile Connect and hence access to all pages (www).
If you are a postpaid customer you can call CC to activate.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

And it also works on the iPhone

Well i tried calling today and they still said there is no plan like this in Mumbai even after i said i want to port. There is a corporate plan like that but they need me to send a mail from my official office id, which doesn't have outgoing mail (its intranet only). I don't why but i feel Vodafone has something against me 😉

well a reliance guy called me few days back asked if i wanted to port was really interested in their plan. Rs99 for 2.5Gb and 50paise for std. But he didn't call me after that. Now again stuck

I went to Vodafone store too.. I asked will I be able to access internet using laptop/PC .. he clearly said yes.. he asked me to activate VMC..(at no extra cost)... i did all that and it is working as expected.

i dont know why vodafone store that u went to.. said browsing only?

humm ... its confusing .... this one was normal shop where they had one guy from vodafone .. may be need to contact vodafone gallery for clear picture ...

humm ... its confusing .... this one was normal shop where they had one guy from vodafone .. may be need to contact vodafone gallery for clear picture ...

looks like even vodafone people are sure what their plans are. Well i just emailed them one more time lets see what happens

I went with my friend to MTNL Prabhadevi exchange as he wanted to shifted to MTNL 3G, as we were going he was getting calls frm Vodafone customer care bozo's (actually from yesterday) they had even promised their network techs would contact him, they never did. But at the Vodofone shop at Prabhadevi they had a could not care less attitude 😀 Looks like they have found many incoming Bakras :ishock:

Update 29-1-2011: My friend got an sms today saying that his service provider has rejected his MNP request due to legal reasons. (there are no outstandings) When he called them up, the joker at the other end (Vodafone) said 'sir my system is v slow/down so I cannot give you the latest info. Please call again later' whatever that meant. Looks like a new delaying stunt to harass customer who want to shift elsewhere 🙁

Update 29-1-2011: My friend got an sms today saying that his service provider has rejected his MNP request due to legal reasons. (there are no outstandings) When he called them up, the joker at the other end (Vodafone) said 'sir my system is v slow/down so I cannot give you the latest info. Please call again later' whatever that meant. Looks like a new delaying stunt to harass customer who want to shift elsewhere 🙁

OMG do update us what happens, i'm also looking to port my number but none of the other operators seem to be interested in getting my connection. Well Relaince seems the best in my area by what i've seen .

OMG do update us what happens, i'm also looking to port my number but none of the other operators seem to be interested in getting my connection. Well Relaince seems the best in my area by what i've seen .

His wife went to the Vodafone gallery next to Church gate station on Sat & they refused to entertain her saying ‘Please ask your husband to visit us’. Looks like a clear case of harassment. Will post later developments. (but this looks like the wrong thread to do it) :redface:

UPDATE: My friend finally managed to get thru to helpdesk & he asked them the reason for rejecting his MNP request they told him that since he had opted for 'closed user group' (for his family) he could not port out till he opted out of the CUG. What a silly reason and we think that PSU babus are adept at creating 'reasons'. But they had no answer why they could not have given this info to his wife in the first place. So now he has to send an email to these bozos to opt out of CUG then do the needful all over again.

This is just an excuse.. isnt it logical when a customer wants to terminate service, it also means all the schemes also terminate.TRAI should punish them for fabricating such excuses.

UPDATE: My friend finally managed to get thru to helpdesk & he asked them the reason for rejecting his Mobile Number Portability request they told him that since he had opted for 'closed user group' (for his family) he could not port out till he opted out of the CUG. What a silly reason and we think that PSU babus are adept at creating 'reasons'. But they had no answer why they could not have given this info to his wife in the first place. So now he has to send an email to these bozos to opt out of CUG then do the needful all over again.

What a load of crap, i was going to port my number today and after seeing your post i called them and asked if there is anything that i need to opt out from, they said no there is nothing. Well cross my fingers and hope it all goes well. If they block my request i'm not going to pay my bills in the future, chuck my sim out and take a new number, i had enough of these idiot.

Just looked at the vodafone website, the data plans for mumbai are back to the old plans the Rs 299 for 2Gb has been removed. They will never learn

-----

My bad looks like the plans are back up but i still keep my stand Rs 300 for 2GB considering other people provide it for less is really expensive

This is just an excuse.. isnt it logical when a customer wants to terminate service, it also means all the schemes also terminate.

TRAI should punish them for fabricating such excuses.

Agree 100%. He is has already sent the request by email yesterday, today he is going there to raise a storm & kick some nuts 😀

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

What a load of crap, i was going to port my number today and after seeing your post i called them and asked if there is anything that i need to opt out from, they said no there is nothing. Well cross my fingers and hope it all goes well. If they block my request i'm not going to pay my bills in the future, chuck my sim out and take a new number, i had enough of these idiot.

Just looked at the vodafone website, the data plans for mumbai are back to the old plans the Rs 299 for 2Gb has been removed. They will never learn

-----

My bad looks like the plans are back up but i still keep my stand Rs 300 for 2GB considering other people provide it for less is really expensive

Looks like they are still doing a 'cut' 'paste' job on their website and who ever is doing it is making a mess.