Vodafone Mumbai - 2GB GPRS plan available for POSTPAID customers?

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanthaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Views Views 68,870
yea this was mentioned on their website (my link) It said VMC + VL so I guess yea they clubbed it from now..guess even they cant handle it now...VL VMC 3G hahaha

yup but in my case i'm not prepaid so i loose,i heard that right now Live customer where also getting access to full WWW. Actually it worked for me too when i tried. But for how long will they allow it before they stop it.Actually i tried to activate a plan they offered me (Rs 99 unlimited vodafone live) since i'm using a corporate sim. They activated it one day and then they deactivated it after half an hour and tell me no we cannot provide you the service. Then why activate it in the first place. Plus i got charged the rental of Rs 99. After alot of fighting and screaming they refunded itSo i guess i had enough trying to talk to them and reason

they even deny in email that rs 95/2gb plan is full internet though I connect it to pc

Gprs plan is decent enough now.

So what are we to understand from this now?? IS it Full internet OR NO?? I am buying HTC HD7 soon..and OBVIOUSLY it will need Internet...so what should I DO??

Yup looks like they did club it together hope it stays that way but at 299 for 2gb its still more expensive than others (for post paid customers)

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

So what are we to understand from this now?? IS it Full internet OR NO?? I am buying HTC HD7 soon..and OBVIOUSLY it will need Internet...so what should I DO??

well if your going with prepaid then vodafone seem nice, depends on what your usage senario would me, i'm using an Nokia N8 and doubt my usage would be too high.

Yup looks like they did club it together hope it stays that way but at 299 for 2gb its still more expensive than others (for post paid customers)

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

well if your going with prepaid then vodafone seem nice, depends on what your usage senario would me, i'm using an Nokia N8 and doubt my usage would be too high.

Its not more expensive, ITS VERY VERY expensive

its full internet Rs 95/2GB for 30 days.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

haha go for prepaid then
you have the option atleast

yup guess prepaid is the way to go 🙁Still looking for other options not, lets see. Hows the airtel coverage in mumbai and its GPRS speed quality

Ok: GOT IT!!

Just spoke to a VODAFONE CC, this is the offer:

BEFORE 31st JAN if u recharge for Rs.99 you get 2GB data free, NO more data usage and this is full internet (Advanced GPRS, as they call it)
AFTER 31st JAN if if u recharge for Rs.99 you get 1GB data free, NO more data usage and this is full internet....PHEW...

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

yup guess prepaid is the way to go 🙁

Still looking for other options not, lets see. Hows the airtel coverage in mumbai and its GPRS speed quality

Believe me dude..buy a Reliance CDMA but NEVER EVER BUY AIRTEL IN MUMBAI....hopeless coverage...The internet speed is good, but what do u do with it WHEN YOU HAVE NO RANGE!!!
PS: I have realized, Vodafone is WAY WAY BETTER....atleast you dont have to worry about the coverage no matter where you are...
In AirTel, enter a shop and ur coverage is ZERO, enter an building and your coverage is ZERO...
I stay in a posh locality, Tardeo,...U can see Antilla (Mukesh Ambani's home) on Altamount Road from my home and even if I just move my phone from a little, the coverage is gone...ITS WORST THAN BAD...

wow they really know how to confuse a really simple thing. well its a definite no for me since I'm in post paid and don't feel like moving into prepaid.

Well enjoy the data plan 😀

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Ok: GOT IT!!

Just spoke to a VODAFONE CC, this is the offer:

BEFORE 31st JAN if u recharge for Rs.99 you get 2GB data free, NO more data usage and this is full internet (Advanced GPRS, as they call it)
AFTER 31st JAN if if u recharge for Rs.99 you get 1GB data free, NO more data usage and this is full internet....PHEW...

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Believe me dude..buy a Reliance CDMA but NEVER EVER BUY AIRTEL IN MUMBAI....hopeless coverage...The internet speed is good, but what do u do with it WHEN YOU HAVE NO RANGE!!!

hehe so airtel is out of questiont to eh...

CDMA is no good for me cant put it in my N8, so i need to stick with GSM. Hmm now what to do. Well lets see what happens..

Any idea how idea cellular is in mumbai??

wow they really know how to confuse a really simple thing. well its a definite no for me since I'm in post paid and don't feel like moving into prepaid.

Well enjoy the data plan 😀

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

hehe so airtel is out of questiont to eh...

CDMA is no good for me cant put it in my N8, so i need to stick with GSM. Hmm now what to do. Well lets see what happens..

Any idea how idea cellular is in mumbai??

I dont know if you know but there are a lot of jhol in the Postpaid...But I think u mentioned u have a Corporate card...so u cant obviously change it...but Prepaid is very very good..Idea, I have no Idea heheh...But its not very well received here in Mumbai..where do you stay, in Mumbai?

Me in Navi Mumbai, Koparkhairne. Jhol what jhol???? Yeah there was an idea centre near my house but they closed down.....

Me in Navi Mumbai, Koparkhairne.

Jhol what jhol???? Yeah there was an idea centre near my house but they closed down.....

Jhol meaning...if u talk for 5 minutes 45 seconds, they will make it to 6 minutes and all...these things happen...ur not going to remember how much time you spoke on some call three weeks back...anyways...it might have changed now...I am talking about years back...

ahh yes it is per minute billing works out like that, but i dont have too much problems with my bill. the issue is the data plans

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

I had just send an email to the corporate vodafone customer care for the GPRS Plans when i saw a sentence in the email which confused me.

"Please note that if you are on a data plan, the free usage does not include usage of certain applications like YouTube, video/ music streaming (e.g. Music Junction), tickers on HTML sites, handset applications and MMS which uses Vodafone Live! as access point and will be charged @ 10/10KB. These charges are applicable over and above your data plan."

Does this mean things that use the Vodafone Live will be charged or that all the things in the list will be charged, in that case this is really robbery

Vodafone Live will be charged even if you activate VMC. Delete VL access point to be on a safer side.Bangalore VMC Plans:-3GB @ 149/-4GB @ 199/-6GB @ 249/-