vodafone mobile connect and vodafone live unified into one ???

It is 21 MBPS 3G model. You can you any 2G/3G sim with it. Costs around 2800-3000.I have bought it just a couple of days ago. So, can't tell you much about it. There are many threads running about this modem.

It is 21 MBPS 3G model. You can you any 2G/3G sim with it. Costs around 2800-3000.

I have bought it just a couple of days ago. So, can't tell you much about it. There are many threads running about this modem.

where did you buy from?

Can we use normal GPRS plans with it?

Yes, Delhi CC told me that SMSs to 56789 costs Rs.3/-.

However, For Rs.4 / 40MB / 1 Day, we need to just dial USSD *444*5#. No SMS is required. I am using that only as a trial for today.

For other following plans, no USSD Code / SMS works. We must use e-topup. That means we can not use our available balance.

Rs.14 / 200 MB / 3 Days
Rs.26 / 500 MB / 7 Days
Rs.95 / 2 GB / 30 Days

The above information is for Delhi Circle, this may or may not be correct for other circles.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Thanks for your valuable posts. :urock:

Hoever, if your location was mentioned in your profile, or you had mentioned it in your post, that would have really helped as Vodafone have different keywords/numbers for different circles. :confuse:

Right
I will update my location.

where did you buy from?

I bought it from eBay.

Can we use normal GPRS plans with it?

Yes you can.

Yes, I used it on my android phone for few hours, then I used it on my PC with data card UMG1831 for few hours. No problems. 🙂

I bought it from eBay.

Yes you can.

What about warranty?
How do you activate plan? By inserting sim into handset?
What software it uses to connect?

It's 6 months seller's warranty.You need to insert your 2G/3G Sim in it and do some simple settings. (Need to put just www as APN for vodafone).There is an in-buit T-Mobile software, but you can use "Mobile Connect" software.

Got a call regarding my online query of USB stickhe said that you need new sim and rs 95/2gb plan cant be used since its VL only.I am already using it. anyways seems like vodafone just interested in selling usb stick.My query isCan I use my handset sim of vodafone, Airtel in USB data card?What USB data card you suggest?

Does anyone know whether the Rs. 95 2GB pre-paid gprs scheme also applies while on roaming or will it start cutting the balance?

Well.. i was just out of Mumbai for 5days...i had taken 4Rs/30MB/day schemewhen I was in Maharashtra circle it wud deduct balance MBs (checked using *225*6#) and not balance money.now strange thing is when I was in MP/Chattisgadh... it neither deducted balance MBs not it deducted balance money. so i dont really know whats the policy.but the next morning when i was back in maharashtra.. i was not able to subscribe to that 4Rs scheme (had to complain to CC)... so it looks like there was system problem with vodafone on that particular day, that it was not deducting MBs.so overall it looks like that the scheme works even while roaming.

I am still eternally confused....WHAT is the plan??? Do they or DONT THEY have a EDGE /GPRS plan that is an equivalient of teh Airtel Rs.98/month with no additional costs for surfing??

^ The plan is similar. Rs. 95 for 2GB for 30 days. No additional costs for surfing within the 2GB limit. Confirmed that it works in the browser as well as apps etc. in Android (VL and VMC have been unified).Also confirmed this weekend that this plan applies even while roaming, which is awesome when you are in another town and want to look at the map or just find a nearby restaurant etc.!!