vodafone mobile connect and vodafone live unified into one ???

from what i heard from kalpik vodafone 95 rupee plan is similar to airtel 98 rupee plan.

Vodafone has different tariffs for different circles.. In Delhi, very recently, VL and VMC have been merged and are offered at Rs 95 for 2GB.. But AFAIK, in Mumbai, this has not been done yet..

LOL I want someone from Mumbai to confirm this... "ekso ninyanve rupaiye ka sawal hain bhai!" 😀

Could anyone post the settings required for android phones for Vodafone mobile connect? The CC as well as the website says send a SMS of "S " to 52586. But when I do all I get is stupid SMSes advertising gprs, and another one telline me to send a SMS of "S " to 52586, but no settings. I am using the HTC Desire.

What is worst that, I have 4 official ways of contacting them:1) IVR - which has no info on VMC but just VL2) Call 111 - this is charged, funny that you will charged for inquiring abt the product3) Vodafone store - there is queue which sometimes takes 30 mins4) E-mail - First one or two e-mails just go in explaining my query

kalpik has not posted the APN details. let me buzz him again!

Could anyone post the settings required for android phones for Vodafone mobile connect? The CC as well as the website says send a SMS of "S " to 52586. But when I do all I get is stupid SMSes advertising gprs, and another one telline me to send a SMS of "S " to 52586, but no settings. I am using the HTC Desire.

The APN is "www", rest everything else you can keep as default 🙂

Hmm... triedthat, and tried APN as "Vodafone_www" and tried the settings here, but none work. Says connection failed due to incorrect APN settings. Tried messaging "VMC" to 52586 and "ACT VMC" to 144, but again no results really, just stupid messages telling me to send the same SMS to which they replied (makes no sense). Also tried "Reset to Default" in the APN settings, and it does show Vodafone Live and Vodafone MC, but again doesn't work. Anyway purchased the Rs. 95 bonus card online, and from what I hear it takes 4 hours to activate, so maybe I just need to wait till then.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Ok - randomly started to work! I guess the trick was to wait for some time for them to activate the Rs. 95 plan. Anyway browser, google maps and market working, so looks like Vodafone has finally combined Live and Mobile Connect! They just started sucking quite a bit less.....

OK, I went to Vodafone store and asked some guy. He said Vodafone Mobile Connect is now rent free for Prepaid customers. I didnt ask about postpaid though but the way he stressed on Prepaid I guess there is some rental for postpaid customers.

All you need to do is send "ACT WWW" to 144. I also wasted 1.5Rs for 9 mins of call to CC.. He asked me to do 3 steps. Vodafone store guy didnt mention abt 2nd and 3rd step.
1) As suggeseted by Vodafone store guy, send "ACT WWW" to 144
2) Dial *#06#, note down IMEI number, send "S IMEI_NUMBER" to 52586
3) Then send "VMC" to 52586

I just did STEP one because in two links i posted above, FREE one had only 1st step and 199Rs/month one had 2nd and 3rd step. So I didnt want to take risk of subscribing to BOTH 😀

I immediately got this SMS "Vodafone Mobile Connect is now active on your Vodafone mobile phone. There is no monthly rental for the same. Data usage will be charged at 10p/10KB"

Next part was to get settings. I simply copied Vodafone Live settings and renamed it to VMC, then removed/unchecked/disabled Proxy settings and changed APN to www. DNS I changed to Google DNS* (this not reqed though, you can leave it to automatic).

(* SIDE NOTE: I am OpenDNS fan but reason I chose Google DNS is to save money, because OpenDNS redirects you to their website when u make mistake in typing URL which costs money @10p/10KB! Hence Google DNS in this case.)

Then I opened the app that earlier was not working in VL, chaged the settings in App to use VMC instead of VL and hurray application started functioning!!

So as of now, its touch wood, no 199Rs deducted... I just hope that my balance is still there, tomorrow morning when I awaken. 😀

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Tomorrow I will activate, 4Rs plan which gives 30MB/day. Incase someone wants to try it before I try, here are steps:

All you do is dial *444# and then select option 1 i.e. Daily Bonus card and then select option 5 i.e. 30MB internet.

Finally Vodafone gives me a reason to stay with them! I can activate daily internet at my will, on the day I feel i wud be needing mobile internet.

once you activate, after the expiry you can surf at 10p/10kb

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

just try it.

yes..the day u think u will be using internet on mobile.. u can activate 30MB plan.otherwise 1MB itself costs 10Rs 😀

Ok I have activated 30MB @4Rs plan... this is my first message using computer but via Vodafone Mobile Connect..

Now i disconnect and check if balance is deducted from that 4Rs plan (*225*6#)

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Update - Pidgin works too!

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Ok back to MTNL... 2MB deducted... so yes its working!

Vodafone saves itself for now before MNP! 😀

Speed is average 10-13KB/s...fluctuates from 6 to 20KB/s

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

@tech_help... pls see my previous post
[post]444996[/post]

I was told by CC over phone to send VMC to 56789 for activation. This sms costs Rs 3.Airtel seems to be very clear in activation.