vodafone mobile connect and vodafone live unified into one ???

https://www.speedtest.net

Vodafone and airtel are almost the same speed wise

so vodafone was capable of providing comparable internet plans but did not do so to exploit the consumer.. seems like vodafone was forced to start this scheme because of MNP else many people would have changed their service provider... in my case i didn't even wait for MNP and bought an airtel connection.. i will use MNP if some other provider gives cheaper 3G than airtel

Hi.Can someone please post Vodafone Mobile Connect settings for Huawei UMG1831 ?BTW, "Act VMC" or "ACT WWW" does not seem to be working in Delhi. I have activated Vodafone Live by sending "ACT VL" to 144. This is a prepaid sim I am trying it on.

Hey .. even i got my UMG1831 yesterday.started to use vodafone Edge on it. tried hard to connect yesterday using apn : Prtalnmms but failed.but today i got these settings from my Sony ericsson PC suite and they work like Charm !so here are the settings :

APN : www
Username : hutch
Password :
Dialing Number : *99# or *99***1#

These settings are enough to make you connect 😀

P.S : These settings worked both for T-mobile webconnet and Mobile partner softwares

Here is my speed test with Vodafone on UMG1831 :::

I have tried this, I get message "Connection terminated" instantly after I click on "connect". Tried both - *99# and *99***1#

I am doing it in mobile partner.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4686/vmc1.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8093/vmc2.jpg

So how does one check how much data is left from the 2GB quota? I have downloaded a data monitor app, but am interested in comparing it with Vodafone's own stats if possible.

So how does one check how much data is left from the 2GB quota? I have downloaded a data monitor app, but am interested in comparing it with Vodafone's own stats if possible.

send SMS 'USE' without quote to 144.
Will get data comsumed.

alternatively check phone data packet log
it when recharging for gprs pack

How did you activated VMC?

I have tried this, I get message "Connection terminated" instantly after I click on "connect". Tried both - *99# and *99***1#

I am doing it in mobile partner.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4686/vmc1.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8093/vmc2.jpg

But iam usingwith the same settings in both T-mobile connect and Mobile partner.Its working for me.Have you sent Sms "VL ACT" to 52586 ?

Btw what is your Firmware version buddy ??? I have problem of disconnection every 40mins with my 11.831.05.01.420

Fixed it yesterday. Thanks.In delhi, we need to send "VMC" to 56789.They should have same keywords/numbers/commands all across the country.

Yes, Delhi CC told me that SMSs to 56789 costs Rs.3/-.

However, For Rs.4 / 40MB / 1 Day, we need to just dial USSD *444*5#. No SMS is required. I am using that only as a trial for today.

For other following plans, no USSD Code / SMS works. We must use e-topup. That means we can not use our available balance.

Rs.14 / 200 MB / 3 Days
Rs.26 / 500 MB / 7 Days
Rs.95 / 2 GB / 30 Days

The above information is for Delhi Circle, this may or may not be correct for other circles.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

I was told by CC over phone to send VMC to 56789 for activation. This sms costs Rs 3.
Airtel seems to be very clear in activation.

Thanks for your valuable posts. :urock:

Hoever, if your location was mentioned in your profile, or you had mentioned it in your post, that would have really helped as Vodafone have different keywords/numbers for different circles. :confuse:

Yes, Delhi CC told me that SMSs to 56789 costs Rs.3/-.

However, For Rs.4 / 40MB / 1 Day, we need to just dial USSD *444*5#. No SMS is required. I am using that only as a trial for today.

For other following plans, no USSD Code / SMS works. We must use e-topup. That means we can not use our available balance.

Rs.14 / 200 MB / 3 Days
Rs.26 / 500 MB / 7 Days
Rs.95 / 2 GB / 30 Days

The above information is for Delhi Circle, this may or may not be correct for other circles.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Thanks for your valuable posts. :urock:

Hoever, if your location was mentioned in your profile, or you had mentioned it in your post, that would have really helped as Vodafone have different keywords/numbers for different circles. :confuse:

SMS is also needed in *444*5# if you want to connect to pc.

You will get message subscribe to data packet first.

Its a one time activation sms.

After the expiry of the pack you can use internet at 10p/10kb.

Quite complicated.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

were you able to connect to pc in *444*5# plan without sending SMS ?

SMS is also needed in *444*5# if you want to connect to pc.

No, you DO NOT need to send SMS even if you want to connect to PC for Rs.4/- one day plan. *444*5# is a USSD code for which you are not charged.

You will get message subscribe to data packet first.

Its a one time activation sms.

After the expiry of the pack you can use internet at 10p/10kb.

Yes.

You can send SMS "USE" to 144.
to know how much data u have consumed in KB/MG/GB in any of the 4/14/26/95 data plans.

were you able to connect to pc in *444*5# plan without sending SMS ?

Yes, I used it on my android phone for few hours, then I used it on my PC with data card UMG1831 for few hours. No problems. 🙂

No, you DO NOT need to send SMS even if you want to connect to PC for Rs.4/- one day plan. *444*5# is a USSD code for which you are not charged.

Yes.

You can send SMS "USE" to 144.
to know how much data u have consumed in KB/MG/GB in any of the 4/14/26/95 data plans.

Yes, I used it on my android phone for few hours, then I used it on my PC with data card UMG1831 for few hours. No problems. 🙂

How much this data card costs?
Can we use any SIM with it?
Does it supports voice calls too?