Vodafone Live and EDGE

• Thread starter Thread starter samirotiv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 14,428

samirotiv

ISP
BSNL
I have an Airtel Postpaid Connection and I'm thinking of switching to Vodafone, as in Pune, Vodafone has far better service than Airtel. On the Vodafone Live Page, it has been specified that the rate for Vodafone Live EDGE is Rs. 49 per month.

I'm confused because I saw another page where the minimum rate for EDGE is Rs. 199. Vodafone Mobile Connect.

Will Vodafone Live give me EDGE speeds or will I have to subscribe to Mobile Connect???? Can I surf any site with Vodafone Live or can I only download content from Vodafone???? Vodafone users please help...

In Mumbai, I get EDGE speeds.With Vodafone live you can only access WAP/HTML sites. (i.e. HTTP only, only few ports like 80, 443 are open)You need Vodafone Mobile Connect for full internet access.

vodafone connect is used for connecting your phone as a modem to your pc for full internet access.vodafone EDGE is pretty good for me. decent speed.

^^^^Dude can u post the speed when u access Internet using ur phone.. ?

Thanks for your replies, especially amish. That cleared out an ambiguity. As for posting my speed, i'll have to try it sometime....

well i don't exactly monitor my speeds. but browsing is decent. download speed varies between 12-17 kBps.

You can use vodafone live to access net over PC too (but just websites on port 80). I have used it and speed I got was also above 10KB/s but then if u dont be careful then within 10 mins ur balance can go down by 200Rs!

HiCan anyone tell me about "EDGE"I have Blackberry Pearl 8110 and develope an application in whichi m trying to connect with internet.I have vodafone India 1099 Rs plan and my BB showing "EDGE" on screen.I set my APN as "portalnmms" & no username and password.But when i m trying to interact with net it shows "open tunnel failure".Is there any problem with Blackberry services to India or some special; plans are there.Why is so ?Please anyone tell...Thnx.

^ yes, I believe there are special plans for blackberry. im not sure if you can use gprs on normal plans, but for blackberry service you have to use their special plans.

Blackberry plans are seperate to your TALK PLAN.you would need to call customer care and ask for it activation. Once activated you would get a few messages and your services would be activated. While onething is common between all operators is, they'll force you to subscribe to a plan which is near 1000, as other plans include shameful amount of bandwidth. Iam using Curve on reliance on 1099 plan which is supposed to be unlimited but still sometimes i get prompted to go for a surfing plan.