Vodafone India: Vodafone 3G in testing phase in Maharashtra Circle.....!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter nikkidips
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 17,506

nikkidips

ISP
BSNL Dataone H500C+ 2 MBPS
Hey guys.... i am vodafone lifetime prepaid user in maharashtra circle. i have a Nokia n95-2(8GB). the day b4 i posted this thread the sim gave an error that it has failed to register. after 10-15 mins to my surprise my network was showing 3G. i connected net thru vodafone GPRS and the dload speed was amazing i downloaded MS worldwide telescope software 20.2 mb installer and it took only 10mins and 43sec to dload it. :rofl:is it a joke no ..... i was wondering :huh: whether vodafone or some other operator has started testing its 3G network....... so just wanted to check with u fellows.... leme know.... wats goin on....cheers.......:thumb:

don't think so, the 3G auction itself is not completed so vodafone can't really start broadcasting without license

umm i think the companies can do testing in limited areas without actually having a license. it would be too much to ask them to do everything after getting the license! they have to prepare to launch the services!

is it possible that u get 3G from some other service provider?

^ i dont think that could be possible simply because connection from sim wont be accepted by other operators.

:dance:guys even today as i m posting this thread i hv a 3G networkgr8.... might be that operators are allowed by TDSAT or TRAI just to test and be ready to launch 3G.....coz anyways 3G i believe is gonna start by year end......... BSNL MTNL though...... looks like vodafone is testing...... at night though........

That is really good news, will check on my N95 when I return 😛

What you say may be true but, AFAIK no spectrum has been allotted to them as the Deference Services haven't released those spectrums.Anyway, they might be allowed to be prepared like limited area testing.Good for you. Which area do you live in?