Vodafone India: Silly yet strange and important problem..

ISP
BSNL
As told in my previous post, been with this service provider for 2+ yrs now on a postpaid connection.. Guess this problem has been occuring for a couple of months now after many of my callers started complaining.. which is.. When i have the phone switched off (by properly switching it off and NOT by just removing the battery), those calling me get an "engaged beep beep tone" (Engaged tone that we see in BSNL landline phones..)I myself have tested it now and only 5% of the times (out of calls made randomly in a week) do i get the proper "the vodafone number you have called is currently switched off...." message. Can i have some suggestions from users as to how to deal with this thing? Just thought i would let u know: Mine is the old plain white hutch SIM.Thanks!

Change the handset and see..This can happen if the Handset is not able to send Switchoff message to the netwrok properly.By any chance are u using Motorola Handset?

I have another problem but may be related problem.

Even when my mobile is switched on and catching full signal. Ppl trying to call me get message saying "not reachable". I got my SIM changed even then it happened once this week.

Then I dial any random number or *141# (balance checking no) and then ppl are able to call me.

----------

Last time i called vodafone they said its my mobile phones problem, so i gave up pursuing them.

I am sure its their network software problem, which forgets to reset the "call divert" number when phone is back in range. Only when mobile dials the number it gets reset.

Change the handset and see..
This can happen if the Handset is not able to send Switchoff message to the netwrok properly.

By any chance are u using Motorola Handset?

Hi thanks for the response..
I'm currently using one of those n series and earlier had got the same problem on Nokia 2626 also. Have never used motorola though. So i think it may not be a handset problem?

----------

Even when my mobile is switched on and catching full signal. Ppl trying to call me get message saying "not reachable". I got my SIM changed even then it happened once this week.

Then I dial any random number or *141# (balance checking no) and then ppl are able to call me.

This reminds me of one other issue where-in i do have full signal but my callers get the "The vodafone no. u have called is currently busy. Please try again later! " message (The one that they should get only when i disconnect a call). Guess this is a wide spread problem since i myself have seen it on several vodafone numbers that i call.

Check out with the other Vodafone users in your area.Even i faced this problem(in 2006) with Hutch..Callers used to get not reachable message even when my mobile was switched off! I did not face this problem when i changed my handset to Sony Ericsson.Else u better call the customer care..They will definately help you out...Fortunately Vodafone's Customer Care is better than expected 🙂

Just did that and the response was something that i expected 🙂 "Switch off and on your mobile phone. If same problem continues, check the settings on your phone (only god knows wat settings on a brand new phone would cause a beep tone 😛 ) If still experiencing same problem, try changing SIM to someother handset."I tried explaining this problem has been there for past 5 - 6 months and that i have used 3 different handsets and even read all the settings on my phone! but still the lady kept saying the same response as though v r all ignorant of mobile phone operation..!Vodafone store is the next point of contact!

those are actually good features. vodafone shud find real solution instead of workarounds.

Yes vodafone CC do despise although we have identified the problem they deviate the topic and the problem. Once I had low network problem and they started probing about things like check your settings. I mean while will a setting change reduce signal???

The problem is now fixed it was low network problems from their end which they just couldn't admit.

that post is actually an advertisement. it didnt really intend to read and help.

As i said before, check with other Vodafone users of your area.
May be go to the phone dealer near ur hse and ask him to switch off his Vodafone once 😛