Vodafone increases 3G recharge rates.

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,321
ISP
MTNL
I used to be fine recharging ₹102 for 300 MB 3G data for 30 days. Then from the start of this year, validity for same recharge was changed to 4 weeks (28 days)

Now from June, the validity of same recharge was further reduced to 3 weeks (21 days).

So for Mumbai users, minimum 1 month (28 days) 3G data validity recharge starts from ₹147. This is almost 45-50% price hike. Or we keep on recharging every 21 days which increases the probability of us forgetting to recharge and they start cutting from main balance. Btw, price per kb post data validity has been doubled too.

No one uses Vodafone 3G in Mumbai to notice this? I am surprised.

I wish they start LTE fast to justify their most expensive rates for Mumbai in India.

We have been noticing it. It was 124 for 1 GB for 28 days when I started using Vodafone prepaid for data. Now its 195/1 Gb for 28 days. The other options we have at chennai are worse. 102 for 400 MB for 14 days or 45 for 150 MB for 7 days.

@sanke1

Switch to Rcom. Works great here. 😀
Right

I had ported from Rcom to Vodafone as they kept on activating "Khushiyonki Harialiyaan" and other BS value added services without asking me. After complaining hard, they used to refund the charges.

@sanke1

This.

Was happening on one my of prepaid numbers, wrote a stern complaint via pgportal, and managed to get some credit added to my account too!

Fwiw, from what I've seen they don't activate BS VAS services on numbers ported into rcom.

Last edited:
I am not getting Vodafone 3G connectivity since past 10 days now .. Tired of complaining to their network dept .. They even offered a booster to me which I told them yes for .. They asked me to send an email to ibs.mum@vodafone.com to give my consent for the booster to which I did ... Now there is no response from their end .. I am based in Bombay .. They keep giving me an excuse that by end of the year a new tower will be erected in my area .. They are telling me this since June 2013 now .. Connectivity was so so all this while but since past 10 days im getting " E " on my mobile and " H " comes for 5-10 minutes here n there ..