Vodafone Idea News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 444
  • Views Views 68,207
We purchase bandwidth (bw) from them and use it to offer to our customers. From my knowledge, I don't think we use their infrastructure.
Even if we may use their infrastructure, I guess they would have kept it in tip-top condition. Both don't want to be an embarrassment when serving Gadkari or Fadnavis.

VI is still a big player when it comes to bandwidth and networking. I was surprised that my company uses bandwidth from VI around 600 (so term, don't recall the name) to serve all fiber users in the entire city of Nagpur.
Vi has best pings in my area. They have improved routing a lot from 250-400ms to mumbai to 50ms to mumbai. It took them almost 2 years to gradually improve their routing.

I hate my company for using airtel just to save a few bucks. Their service is absolute worse everywhere I go or use, my home is the worst.

1000-3000ms latency with speeds of 1-3Mbps and I get a full range of bars and CA.
Service tickets just remain open with no real resolution.

I would've assumed this was all centralized but I guess it's not?

After the Vodafone-Idea merger, Idea (I guess)was supposed to update their towers to accept the www APN. They have not done that in my area so internet works if the APN is, internet(which was used by Idea) but it doesn't work when the APN is www.

I didn't realize what was happening and I set APN to internet to make it work at my home. Then, I took the phone outside and it won't work anywhere else. I just assumed it was their terrible network so I sent a MNP request and within ~3 hours they called me about 15 times, Offered discounts and assured me they'll find the problem in my area and fix it.(I still didn't knew it was the APN).

Finally, I realized it, Sent them an email detailing the problem and it still has not been fixed. Just this 1 tower has not been updated and internet works fine with www APN when it's connected to another tower.

I didn't face any issue like this. We had our first Vodafone sim when it was Hutch Mobile. Then it merged with Vodafone then Vodafone and Idea merged. So that's how old is ours. Still never faced any issue like this. Even after going through a lot... The services that Vi is offering currently are the best. I know few people have some hiccups but they won't notice it on Jio or Airtel because they're Bhakts 😂. Every company has their own problems... Jio has overcrowded networks (in our area and other areas wherever I've went to). Airtel has 4G capping because at night speed goes up to 140-150 but from morning till night it is like 10-20 Mbps... Vi is best in our area.

Is a vip number worth it or is it just a gimmick? I was thinking of getting one too but the hassle of moving from one phone number to another was just too much of a negative.
I prefer having single SIM btw.

It might be a gimmick as few years back at local store (not official store), the shop guy had Idea App which displayed available numbers if we tell them series. No charge was asked for any series. Though those were random numbers, but the number which I got is quite easy to remember, particularly for kids.
I might close existing Jio number which is also very random number and hard to remember, and port this new VI number to Jio once 5G is launched 😀

They also now come with -- Unlimited Data (12am-6am)
Which is a win-win.
sucks that they didn't touch family-plans.
My 999 family plans now includes 4 connection, its time to find a goat.