• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 444
  • Views Views 68,314
aap-chronology-samajhiye.jpg
Sell to Ambani, or Adani 🤔

aap-chronology-samajhiye.jpg
Sell to Ambani, or Adani 🤔
I don’t mind. I had invested shares in VIL 8-9 yrs back when it was just Idea. Hopefully I will reap some benefits if a plush company buys VIL.
There were speculations that Google or Amazon can buy VIL and enter telecom sector.

Reactions: SVK
If Adani buys VIL then there will be true competition 😁

My experience with Vi is not good.

Carrier has CA enabled, gives me good signal, yet speeds are never over 1-2 megabits per second (Mb/s). Airtel and Jio do not have CA enabled at my location despite testing for a couple months, and still speeds are way better. Average 25-35 Mbps, and rarely under 6-7 at worst times.

@havoc good Vi experience when indoors easily hitting 40Mbps at all times.

But since I mostly do roaming work, that's where Vi falls apart. A lot of times I have seen my network being switched to 2G and it doesn't change back unless restart.

Bad routing international, high latencies and they heavily depend on PCCW. And, bad routing to Cloudflare, ie Chennai and Singapore for ipv4 and ipv6 respectively.

I was a long time Vi customer and have stopped using it after multiple cc through and fros this year.

Also if other people use Vi too share your thoughts below.
I am having a decent experience with Vi in Mumbai. Speeds routinely hit 60 Mbps during the day and 100+ at night. This is inside my home in Dadar. I stayed opposite Girgaon Chowpatty for a week few days back and there I hit 150 Mbps at 5am. Anything above 30 Mbps is acceptable for casual surfing.

Dual IPv4 & IPv6 stack seems to be enabled correctly on Vi these days. The Night Binge plans are cool for overnight downloads of 4K linux ISOs. 😂

Airtel and Jio simply don’t come close in this regard!

Source

The day when this will start happening to every state where people will understand how amazing Vi is... Would be the day when we'll head towards an awesome telecom sector & industry growth 😁.