Vodafone Idea News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 444
  • Views Views 68,295
Possible but almost everyone in my area I know who has ported out is getting these sms. And knowing vodacrap's systems I won't be surprised if they are genuine. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

They are genuine and being sent to all old and new Vodafone and Idea numbers. Even if youā€™ve ported out. The purpose is not nefarious. Vi wants you to swap out your old SIM CARDS with new ones that will give access to seamless cross-operator roaming (between Vodafone and Idea networks), smooth VOLTE, and Carrier Aggregation capabilities. Speeds after sim swap are really good in many areas.

Getting sms from unknown number from other operators also seems like some kind of phishing/ spam.... have seen for MTNL, Vodafone, Airtel, Jio

Not getting any such sms on my VI number.
My sim is very old Idea sim, took when Idea 4G was launched.
Should I go for new VI sim, as Volte and Vowifi works fine on iPhone.

Getting sms from vodacrap threatening to block/suspend my number for not doing kyc šŸ˜
Sms we are receiving don't mention any sim swap or other technical reason. This is just an example of their crappy CRM s/w they use which is a burden to them & their existing customers & not excustomers who probably don't give a flying F about that company. šŸ¤£

@SVK if things are working properly in your case with old sim, then don't change it. Things are very finicky when it comes to sim card. Normally, you get a new sim if features don't work.
Pretty weird if you ask me, the job of the sim is to simply allow it to communicate with the tower and give you signal.

I agree with Vi. Raise tariffs. Lose subscribers. Airtel did this 3 years ago and lost a large chunk of low ARPU 2G subscribers, most of whom flocked to Vodafone or Idea, since they hadnā€™t completed integration. Jio is offering JioPhone Next, which imo is a viable alternative for low ARPU customers.

Vodafone was once considered premium brand over Uninor, Aircel and others. May be VI thinking same now. But now there are no Uninor/Aircel šŸ˜€
Jio is suitable for low ARPU target group.

Airtel and Vodafone are positioning themselves for higher ARPU and letting the lower ARPU go with Jio. It is the lower ARPU who are not loyal. Aaj jio ke Saath Hai kyuki voh sasta hai kal kissi aur ke Saath jab voh sasta dega.
Also millions and millions of user on jio are non active. My Sim that was purchased at launched, never recharged but number is still active.