Vodafone Idea News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 444
  • Views Views 68,298
Yeah @mikrotik .I was thinking the same. It's not like the corner Kirana store that will just shutter overnight.

Intra circle and inter circle (national) roaming pacts with BSNL and other telecoms will be brought into play by TRAI. When a company files for bankruptcy, it's operations are kept running till a resolution comes into play by the arbitration team.

Well I don't know how dire the finances are for vi, but their network deployment is still going on as far as I can say, here in kerala in my district they have started deploying new band 8 antennas ,which was not here for since 1 year post integration , if they go down then it is very bad for me in my homeplace as both airtel and jio are shit here

Best to do it right away but they survive then you can always port back if necessary, ofcourse the remaining current validity will be a right off.
I wonder what happened to the rumors of the two 'zons' investing in Vodafone. There's no smoke without a fire 🤔

Amma and Veri? I am sure of Amma, which other 'zon' is it?

It's not that people want to port out just for fun. There's money involved and the hassle one has to go through when things go south. I recall back in 2016-17 when Aircel, Tata, Uninor and other operators collapsed and people had to wait for long to get their otp. It was a pretty hard for me.

It was so chaotic. But that's how it was intended by the... let's say, gods.

Well I don't know how dire the finances are for vi, but their network deployment is still going on as far as I can say, here in kerala in my district they have started deploying new band 8 antennas ,which was not here for since 1 year post integration , if they go down then it is very bad for me in my homeplace as both airtel and jio are shit here

A month ago I received an SMS that they added one tower in my city and hoped that that single tower will help me. It did not.

@phoenix10386 well vi has never let me down when it comes to speed as compared to my previous sim airtel and jio. without any ca i was getting 20 mbps with vi as compared to 3 mbps and 6 mbps of airtel and jio(2ca), with deploying new ca with band 8 my speeds will futher more increase, i even got above 80 mbps with 3ca in peak hours with vi in one place where airtel and jio peaked at 20mbps - 30 mbps.

yeah but the most thing is their routing is plain shit,everything takes its own sweet time to load streaming ,browsing etc, while i had a seamless browsing and streaming experience with jio.

as for your case, i think maybe your tower is yet to be commissioned or it is badly optimized, or maybe the tower will not be in a line of sight.

@Lucifer96 you are right, no tower can be in direct sight for me, due to "development" in the 'model' state of the country. All around, there are enough skyscrapers now to make sure that signal does not reach me well enough even it makes it its mission to reach me. I have a you-know-what at my house to receive decent signal, and even then I sit with about -95 dB on average RSRP and -10 to -13 dB RSRQ on average, on all networks. Network-wise, I live in hell.

@phoenix10386 if you are in hell, then I am in worse place than hell, in my house except for a single room in the top floor, for all other places I am getting 2g , with both vi and airtel, the only thing keeping jio from switching to 2g for me is that they don't have a 2g network , but there will be no bars for jio, sometimes one bar will come for jio. Even 2g is also terrible for me as others side people are not able to clearly hear what I am saying.

I am in a semi urban housing colony, consisting of mostly 2 storied houses, and vacant land. Jio has promised me to bring another site near me in 2014, and it's the end of 4g era, and still they didn't bother to do anything about it, airtel was okayish here until they disabled ca here since 2018 . So I am in a worse place than hell

VIL CEO Ravinder Takkar thanks customers for continued support ahead of 1st anniversary of Vi

1wQuQal.png

I agree. Also happy that Ambani ji's dreams of 2G-mukt India are yet to materialise otherwise you would have been without a network.

I think what ambanji's dream to achieve 2g free india, is by removing all his competitions , and thereby making jio the sole telecom operator with 4g only network in india