Vodafone Idea News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 444
  • Views Views 68,307

“We urge the Trai to disregard such rhetoric comments of sunset date for legacy technologies and not recommend any regulatory mandate, which otherwise would cause huge inconvenience to the public at large,"

I mean Jio launched 4g and it thinks whole India needs 4G and could afford it. They are hiking tariffs like crazy but still don't know nearly 40% airtel users & nearly 50% Vi users are on 2G. They can't afford proper 1000 rupees phone let alone 4G phone. Jio sells trash boxes in the name of Jio 4G phone which nobody wants to use. Just dumb phone slapped with 4G name with no use. What if tomorrow government brings this policy (which is highly unlikely) to support jio and phase out 2G from other operators. Where would those poor people go who still to this day can't afford that 179 recharge. I personally use 2G whenever I need to keep my phone's network on without wasting battery.

Such a solution can be a precursor to a merger between BSNL and Vodafone Idea, which can go a long way in ensuring their survival and possibly even revival. However, integrating a government-owned and a private limited company is not without challenges.

It will definitely happen someday.

I must say vi has improved their network by leaps and bounds. After many months in jio I have switched back to vi. And even the place where I used to get 5mbps on jio and airtel, I am getting a stable 15 mbps minimum speed on vi which is more than good enough for a backup. They have deployed b8 10 mhz and I think they are the only operator who has enabled upload CA on b8 and I easily got 15 mbps upload speed. They have enabled 4×4 mimo on b41 as well.

Kudos to vi for efforts .