Vodafone Idea & Airtel AGR Fiasco

• Thread starter Thread starter pothi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 28,151
@godric_gt Wish every indian gets same opportunity as indian as mukesh ambani gets.
Loophole to convert wireless broadband spectrum to full fledge voice. Welcoming termination charge of 6p instead of 14p. No gst on jiophone coz only security is recovered. Dth pay for channels at broadcaster rates but no such thing for mobile app channels.
Allowing 850mhz shared spectrum to be used when rcom is not paying dues for rest of spectrum.
And many more that i can't even remember.
Wish we all were indian on same scale.

Long story short, I am not against paying fines/dues. I am in favor of giving them some relief and room to grow and then in later pay the fines.

Govt. should come up with a deal with Vodafone and Bharti.

Moreover, Supreme Court says: Seems like Supreme Court has no say and no one believe it?

Where is Supreme Court when 4 rapist (even though legally but proven guilty) are not getting punished.

Wish every indian gets same opportunity as indian as mukesh ambani gets.
Loophole to convert wireless broadband spectrum to full fledge voice. Welcoming termination charge of 6p instead of 14p. No gst on jiophone coz only security is recovered. Dth pay for channels at broadcaster rates but no such thing for mobile app channels.
Allowing 850mhz shared spectrum to be used when rcom is not paying dues for rest of spectrum.
And many more that i can't even remember.
Wish we all were indian on same scale.

That is what I am saying, Democracy in India is mere dream at this point. It's only one man in this nation which is getting benefited the most and else everybody believes they are in the same bracket. That is no.

Reality Check: Any bank would value their Wealth Customers > Retail Customers. No matter what they say to you.

Same is the case with this Govt.

What is the need to bring religion or someone's beliefs into this discussion. - That is current Govt's belief to everything. According to them, Gau Moutra is cure to Coronavirus too (Just saying). They are our nation's leader sitting in Parliament who say such thing. Nothing against Hinduism. (Sorry if you felt so).

Secondly, if they are asking Vodafone to pay dues, When are they going to ask Govt. Companies? BSNL, MTNL, Air India?

Bhai, We pay tax. We need answers. Free mein ped nahi laga hai ghar mein hmare. 20-30% inko har saal dete hai. Aur ye jahn mann chahe udate hai. 🙂

^ Won't say again. But, all I meant to say is the Govt. is run by those people who say such things.

I don't use them, I just quoted to what this nation's sitting MPs says.

Peace!

It has no relevance. Period. This Government had nothing to do with when these laws were put in place, this Government had nothing to do about the loopholes created by previous Governments which Jio managed to take advantage of.

You are trying to whitewash everything and put the blame on innocent subjects.

Whitewash, Seriously?

So you consider that keep on drilling the private companies but favoring one company and other govt. companies to an extent that multiple sectors have same voice that "This Govt. is favoring one company".

Govt. is Govt. I never said, previous govt. were good. But all I am saying is that, this govt. is more messy compared to previous.

I'm out of this conversation now. Peace!

this govt. is more messy compared to previous.

There used to be a piece of land, every year a new keeper was assigned to maintain the land. But no keeper ever did his job. So over the years this land became overgrown with wild plants, tall trees started to block the sunlight. Eventually the land became swampy, got full of wild animals living in burrowed holes, poisoned plants, insect infected mounds. One day a new keeper came. He started clearing the land. And these animals living in burrowed holes ran out of the land, the insects began to fly away into human settlements and crops in the farms nearby poisoning them. Things became messy and people from neighbouring area started to complain as to why the new keeper had to disturb the harmony. Things were well and good before he came. But they never realised that if this infestation was allowed to continue sooner or later the burrowed holes might sooner or later extend to underneath their farms their fields their homes, causing passage of insects and poisonous animals. Their crops, their produce, the humans themselves would not be safe from events such as snake bites. The moss and the poisonous plants can infect the underground water causing diseases. So eventually at some point if this was allowed to continue it would eventually reach a point of saturation or a point of no return from where they can never recover. So that is why the new keeper decided to act.

Last edited:
Airtel can pay, Vodafone Idea should as well.

also i did read about how government would not ask the non telecom companies to pay their share of the dues. what's going on about that?

a gujarat based state owned company also owe shit ton of money. enough to cause its shutdown from what i remember reading.