Vodafone Idea 5G Updates

If I am not mistaken, Vodafone was allotted mmWave spectrum where others tested with the traditional 3.5 Ghz 5G spectrum, hence the high speeds. Practically, in commercial deployments users will not receive these high speeds even with mmWave deployments unless you live under the tower. These high frequencies are susceptible to even glass pane windows, let aside walls. Use cases can be stadiums, or areas with very high footfall.

They used 26Ghz band. These speeds are typical for the spectrum used. No surprises here. Just PR

@Lolita_Magnum They cap their speeds at 40 mbps for prepaid for postpaid I am not sure about that. After they disabled 3g at my location i used to get instantaneous speed(for just one second of starting speed test) of 60 mbps and the average at best becomes 45 mbps not much after 5mhz of 3g spectrum being added to 4g.

It's a sad thing, I came to Vi with expectations that since there would be less congestion unlike Jio I would get better speeds, although 40 is also good enough, the network quality itself is not that good with poor Pings and an even worse routing. In metro cities although I never switched to 2G, it has been often when going out of town. Still believe they should not be capping since I get well above 100Mbps on airtel.

I am also getting a consistent ~110 down, 20+ up with Band 3, 40 CA at Kolkata in my location. This is through a Huawei CPE Pro 2 which I use a failover for primary WAN. Earlier this was 60+ down, considerably increased after installing a new eNodeB in the nearest tower.

For me getting double digit less than 11 Mbps is an achievement from 2-3 Mbps. Although I did hit around 35 Mbps near railway station, so yeah, location and tower support does matter.

@Tejas01 it was an Old iPhone 8, was using it as my secondary device. I might still have the screenshot somewhere...
Edit: found it.
Just realized, it wasn't even CA at the time.
20210930-175920.jpg

Vodafone was allotted with both 3.5Ghz spectrum as well as mm-wave spectrum. mm-wave spectrum have total of 1400Mhz that can be used for telecom services(atleast for now). 400Mhz each for three private telcos(through this Vodafone achieved more than 7Gbps speeds) and 200Mhz for BSNL. Also, Vodafone were allotted 75Mhz of 3500Mhz and 5Mhz of 700Mhz spectrum(Through this with the help of carrier aggregation between these two bands and band 41(40Mhz), Vodafone achieved 3Gbps speeds in indoor conditions).
Vodafone was allotted mmWave spectrum where others tested with the traditional 3.5 Ghz 5G spectrum.