vodafone bypassing dnd by giving silent messages

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,302
W

warthog

this is unethicle market practices.Trai has said that any sms or telemarketer call on dnd phone is illegal so vodafone has circumvented this by starting silent messages which doesn't constitute as a sms.can anyone clarify about the meaning of sms from TRAI NDNC?.how to stop this?

i guess if you are subscribed to a service they are allowed to send you messages. 😛

You can disable that from hutch alive options somewhere in ur mobile .

i dont have hutch alive enabled.i cannot contact CC as whenever i call 111 the entire voice recodring goes in loop if i press 9(CC)

Thats does by Vodafone when u try to call them numerous times in a day. Kinda blocking. U need to email the CC and they will unblock your number.

yes option 9 is removed.. what i do is choose prepaid to postpaid migration and then select something which wud connect me to operator

In here whatever we do, we wont be able to get connected to the CC. The only available option is to dial the CC from another prepaid connection.

if you try to call more than 4-5 times a day (even if it get disconnected before you finish talking ), your option 9 will be removed. if 111 is disabled (9), then call the mobile number eg 9886098860 (in karnataka). sometimes option may be removed only from one number (111). i had the same option and i called and shouted using 9886098860. they will ask you "to which number you dialed" anyways......... i have switched from vodafone to BSNL after 6-7 years of usage..... so kinda happy now !!

Well, to get CC executives on the line, i use this method.Press 5 to report loss of sim card.And then press 1, they will come instantly on the line.

they are coming instantly not because its SIM card lost complaint, but they are coming instantly because ever since option 9 is removed not many are able to call them and their line is always free.it is just their attempt to discourage ppl from calling

finally was able to call them via my landline.i had to input false phone id to get through.i threatened them with FIR and consumer court and then they unbanned me.When i called CC via my mobile they said that they check the user cc history and if he asks questions which are already present in IVr then they dont allow.^%&$ the only time i call CC is for complaining about DNC .and i wasnot even able to select lost sim complaint.also they said that the first call warrants a warning to the telemarketer and the second one warrants a fine of rs 500.the last time i called them they said the same thing but i persuaded them to check the trai website and the first call warrants a fine.trai should do something.