• Thread starter Thread starter sbhas2k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,532

sbhas2k

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Dear AllI have a postpaid corporate connection from Vodafone. Recently purchased a smartphone and was planning to use VLU99 plan with it.I cancelled my 3g100 plan and sent a request to activate VLU99 plan on August 17th. Next day, i called up the call center and asked the status for which they promptly replied that it will be activated by the same day after 6 pm. I again called them after 6 pm and they confirmed that it is activated and i can start using it. There were no other details provided.I used the data connecion for 20 more days. Finally i got the vodafone bill and to my surprise i was charged Rs. 4880 for 488MB Data usage.I promptly raised a complaint w.r.t billing mentioning that i shouldn't have charged for data usage apart from the plan charges and i got a reply that VLU99 plan is not activated on my mobile number and the usage is for "Vodafone Mobile Connect" as i have used mobile connect apn instead on vodafone live (how am i supposed to know which APN to use).My reply to them is as follows"1) VLU99 was confirmed as acivated by CC agent (one can listen to the conversation)2) I was never informed about any APN change. How the customer knows about these APN details?Since there was issues from Vodafone side, the same needs to be rectified at vodafone end"Post that i got a call from vodafone and i explained my situation. The vodafone executive again said VLU99 is not activated and i have used Mobile connect APN and i need to pay the charges. I asked him, why i was not informed about APN change (since as a customer we are unaware of this) for which he doesn't have any answer. i also asked him whether he had a chance to listen to my conversation with cc agent and he replied they won't store the conversation.After a while i got a mail saying that they can do anything and i need to bear the charges.. i again raised a complaint and same story happened again.Let me know what else i can do as clearly there are issues fron Vodafone end and am not paying 4k for the same

Both Vodafone and Airtel do such nasty things. First they confuse the customers with two APNs i.e. WAP and GPRSVodafone has VL and VMC, while Airtel has AL (airtel live) and MO (mobile office)It's high time that TRAI takes cognisance of the issue and ban the WAP APNs completele as those are not needed when you have full fledged internet in GPRS/EDGE. You should always make sure that have got sms confirmation for every service/VAS that you activate; to avoid such issues. Check whether filing an FIR is an option; then the police will certainly ask for the call records.

Great.. Vodaone customer care team is in this forum 😱i have already made the complaint and also spoke with 3 Vodafone agents... All they is that my issue has been addressed and vdafone cant do anything with my billing amount..