Vodafone 4G LTE launched in Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 22,288
Haha I want 4G so that I can use 2G data on 4G. Speed wud be slow but I think response time wud be better than 2G.

^^ I like the way you think. But you need tobeta test to find out if Voda is allowing you to latch on their LTE network with just 2G pack activated!

Yes I did not get chance today.. May not get chance for 2 more days.. So will try on Saturday

Based on my personal experience on vodafone UP-E network, it does not allow 2G customers to log into 3G network so I think it will not allow 2G to log into 4G network too

I guess it depends on the circle then. I could never get on their 3G network with 2G pack.

Okay, so I tried out 4G at my place in Dahisar East. Maximum I got was 2 mBps (16 Mbps) and speeds averaged around 1.7 - 1.9 mBps. Disappointed to seed such low speeds, but I'm assuming they'll fine tune their networks in the coming weeks so we could probably see the upper limit increase to above 25 Mbps.

I tested in Andheri east area .Vodafone LTE is working some of part in Andheri and speed test result was quite horrible that too i was did speed test at around 11:30pm.
see this 😛
PFp1ME1.png

Yes ,Vodafone customer care first approved that they have active 4g service in the area but when i shared this result with him and exact location he denied nd told me that no 4G tower in Andheri. They are still not rolled out full 4G coverage in Mumbai .

they have rushed their 4G launch just to get some monies in their pocket before the JIO launch :smirk:.... I have been using 4G from past 2 days and network is crap.... network strength drops to half whenever i switch to LTE 😛unch::swear:....

I might apply for 4G card today.. Assuming vodafone center nearby has 4G SIM cards.

At Vodafone stores they have less stock of ported sim .they have 4g cards in 2 category one for Vodafone number and another for ported sim.So if you having ported number they might not have sim cards in stock.i changed my 1st card to 4g and the next day i got to store for my another card they were out of stock.
also I have tested Vodafone LTE at Mumbai airport at night and speed were not much good they were giving result same as Vodafone 3G.here it is screnshot
lsX92lT.png

.here it is screnshot
lsX92lT.png

Techbhp, what iOS are you running ? I am still on iOS 8.4 and little apprehensive about upgrading to latest. I heard Apple has to certify a LTE network before customers can use it. VODAFONE LTE works fine on latest iOS. So I am trying to figure out if I would really have to upgrade or will it work on 8.4 too ?

@Dhiraj my phone having ios 9.2.1 there is no issue with LTE mode.As of now there is few 4G towers installed in mumbai but they are not boosted yet for the 4G.they are showing the same 3G speeds ....