• Thread starter Thread starter oblivion
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 7,221

oblivion

ISP
Local
Hey guys,

I am absolutely sick of vodafone services and going to port to aircel/airtel. It's absolutely ridiculous that they are not able to provide a decent service inspite of charging a bomb for 3G.

Well, the story in short is this. I have a Sony xperia arc and activated 3G on it a few weeks ago. The 3G network works sporadically at best. It goes on and off every few mins. So, I can't do anything practical with my supposedly lightning quick 3G connection. Now, with my 3G enabled, if I dare to take a call on the phone, it disconnects within few seconds.So, if I have to receive a call or make a call, I have to turn off my 3g connection else risk getting the call disconnected. Also, sms are not getting sent. To top all that, the 3G connection is nothing like 3G. It's pretty slow and occasionally works good.

With so many problems, one can expect or hope that vodafone(which claims that it's dedicated towards great customer service) can solve atleast one of the problems above. Nope, they do not have the technical know-how to do so. So, now let me rant about my poor experience with their customer care.

So, I realise that it would be a good idea to go to a vodafone store and get help since I have so many problems.So, I went to the mehdipatnam vodafone store. They said my sim was old and I should get a duplicate sim and replace it. I did that but all the same problem still exists. Now, they change settings and all. But, still same problem occurs.They take down a complaint and assure that it will be taken care off. Over 5 trips to the vodafone store and numerous hours wasted and still no improvement or help. For the sms problem, they say everything is working fine and it's probably a cell phone problem.

Anyways, that was the least of my concerns, my problem is if I am paying a bomb (249 for 1GB for 3G), I should be able to get it. Or if there is a problem, they should be able to help me out. It's gotten to a point, where the store guys have given and said they can't do anything about it.

Anyways, I am sick and frustrated by vodafone and going to port to aircel/airtel. I am just writing this so that anybody from Hyderabad should not make the same mistake that I did. Please do not go for vodafone 3G in hyderabad. Or I hope that some higher ups see this post and take a cue.

Also, I would like to add that my dad uses a vodafone postpaid connection and he has 2G activated. Guess, how is that performing? I am not going to go in to details this time. But, it's not working and customer service are not technically adept to fix that either even after multiple trips to vodafone store. Well, so much for customer care. Good luck doing business with that attitude.

Sorry, guys. I had to rant it out. Please suggest me alternate 3G networks which are working well in Hyderabad.

just to update. I made an online complaint and got a call. I was asked to change some settings. Still the same issue.. So, I guess Im just gonna wait a few days and port out..

just to update. I made an online complaint and got a call. I was asked to change some settings. Still the same issue.. So, I guess Im just gonna wait a few days and port out..

I agree.

I tried and it was pathetic.

The problem is they are running 3G on Idea network and some how their is some bug hence the network keeps dropping. I used to get "refreshing sim data" error on my Galaxy then network drop for few seconds then connected again after some time. Now i gt idea for 3G works better and even 2G network is better than Vodafone. Till now I was under impression that Vodafone is good but Idea is better even for voice calls in Hyderabad. I think this is to do with Idea Operating in 900 MHZ than Vodafone which is on 1800MHZ. Though some areas Vodafone has done good work and have good connectivity specially IT corridor and Gachibowli.

For 3G in Hyderabad Idea and Airtel are better options but Idea is cheaper in Voice and post quota uses (.5 p per 10 KB) as against 2P per 10 KB of airtel. and also Airtel doesnt have good postpaid plans in hyderabad.

Just to add I also did tonns of complains, changes to setting and went to Mehdipatnam store changed SIM on my expense and guess what no remedy. Worse thing is I know so many people at my office who have this issue and complained still they dont have clue on this error. They have screwed up big time . Their plans are very inviting specially CUG one's but network quality is bad (and going bad) except for IT corridor where they have done good investment and installed in building sollutions in the offices. I have already gt one Idea and planning to Port two CUG connections to Idea in next one week.

Thanks

You are right Oblivion.Simply to the point, Vodafone 3g is poor excuse of a 3g connection. It gets disconnected in every few minutes. Even when it is connected, the data flow will stop frequently. And it is not the signal strength problem. This happens with 60% signal strength. Now what to do. Contact the customer care. That's what most of the people would say. But the thing is the customer care executive doesn't even know the F**king difference between Kbps and Kb/sec. Now surely they can't help. Its so embarrassing that they are even sitting on the help desk. Ha Ha. So it's the customers by themselves. Take it or leave it. Well keep it up and the people will starting to hate you in no time. And this is coming from someone who was a fond customer of vodafone from a long time.