• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 313
  • Views Views 106,296

AjayJP

Ajju
ISP
Airtel
It looks like Vodafone is inching closer to their 3G launch. I just got a message on my Vodafone Number from VT-3G

"Faster Internet and downloads, Video Calls, Live Mobile TV and much more coming soon on your phone with Vodafone 3G. Click Vodafone | 3G Service for details.

Hope this is just not marketing gimmic for people not to switch to Airtel as they have already launched.

ah well. people who want to switch would switch. in the end, airtel 3g is only currently available in just three cities.

Just got a confirmation from Vodafone Customer Care --- VODAFONE TO LAUNCH 3G SERVICES ON JANUARY 31,2011 i.e. MondayHowever no Tariff Plans are being disclosed as of now.

^^In which city and Wat is the source?Coz cc people told me tht they will launch 3G In 2nd week of feb...in Bangalore...

^^
In which city and Wat is the source?
Coz cc people told me tht they will launch 3G In 2nd week of feb...in Bangalore...

Chennai Customer Care Confirmed this. I had called 111 and asked them about the launch and they said its on 31st. Before that I had received that promo sms too. Not sure which all circles are being covered on 31st.

Vodafone 3G in Bangalore :O

But the 3G license winners for Karnataka circle were Aircel, Airtel & Tata DoCoMo

Oh ya.. So no chance that Vodafone would come up with 3G in Bangalore at the start...

Vodafone won Licences in 9 Circles - Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Kolkata, Maharashtra, Mumbai, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh (East) and West Bengal.

We do not know if they are launching simultaneously in all the 9.. As of now TN is confirmed by Customer Care here.

maybe they would launch pan-india with collaboration with other players 😀 very unlikely at launch time though.

I'm not keeping my hopes up, but looking at their 3G page they just might have plans ranging from 100MB - 2GB+. Hopefully their pricing is somewhat better. Their EDGE network is by far better than others, but pricing is equally asinine.

guys , they have collaborated with Airtel in bangalore for 3G launch. and yes it is in 2nd week of feb in bangalore

@LOL at Vodafone CC mumbaiWhen i read this thread, i was excited to know the dates for mumbai launch. Called the cc, as usual, boring exec was sayin it will happen in the 1st Q of 2011- So most likely it will happen on last week of march. I was shocked. I asked him r u sure? chennai 31st and in feb first/second week other places. How come mumbai last week march? he is like yes 100% sure.I got really mad and shouted at him, "what do you feel? we r dumb sittin here listening to ur crap- why did vodafone buy the 3g tv rights for world cup for 55crores if they r launchin on last week of march? to broadcast the finals?" Lol tht exec woke up with tht and put me on hold and finally came up with something better that i would like to hear 😀 - MUMBAI 3G LAUNCH WILL HAPPEN IN FIRST WEEK OF FEB..

@donthave

yes thats what the vodafone customer care executive said...

@Chetan I still dont get it. U mean Vodafone is going to share '3G' bandwidth with airtel?

@donthave

yes thats what the vodafone customer care executive said...

Ok then. Lets wait and watch.

But still, if airtel is providing such expensive plans then the other service provider who shares the bandwidth wud be providing more costlier plans 🙁