Vodafone 3G Enquiry

• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,545
i am not sure how 3G plans work. but can i recharge them as per my need? i mean... with airtel edge. i pay 100 bucks for a GB of data. if i finish 1GB before 30 days, i cannot renew it instantly for another month right?i had like a scenario where i can recharge for 3G data like i recharge my prepaid. anytime to add more talktime to my phone. i dislike having a billing cycle for data. more people would probably switch to 3G if they have a validity period like system for data as well. charging premium for amount of data for a fixed time period sucks.

Umm, if you do finish off your data allowance before the validity period, you can recharge again. Pretty sure you can do that on airtel edge packs too.Also, if the validity thing is an issue, you could go for longer duration packs, albeit at a higher price.

not so sure. i would probably have to disconnect the edge plan. and then reconnect the plan again to get a fresh 98 plan.

Geez, no other operator does that, afaik. What would happen if you were to recharge again before the end of 30 days ?

it tells me you are already subscribed to the 98 rupee monthly plan.so basically i do not really manually recharge every month. it deducts 98 rupees from my prepaid balance on 3rd and a GB of data is added. one time few months ago, balance on my phone was less than 98 bucks. idiots went on to auto recharge it for one of the smaller plan with 15 day validity.

Right, I'd guessed that you prolly are on auto renewal. You wouldn't face this issue, if you were to turn auto renewal off, right ?

no idea. 98 plan is only available through the auto-renewal thing from what i understand. airtel does ping me in time to remind me of the upcoming renewal to allow me to discontinue the plan if i do not want it auto-renewed.

Eh ? So, indirectly you mean to say that, the 98 plan isnt available to new subscribers ?Also, just confirmed it from a friend, there are no such restrictions on 3G.

what i mean to say is that when you opt for the 98 rupee package through their mobile menu, you are automatically subscribed to it on a monthly cycle.

I used to be on Airtel 1 year back. Could easily recharge again if my Edge data was exhausted within a month. Worked just like regular recharge. Perhaps they changed how it works?

i am probably not informed well enough. they have three options available when you try to subscribe to data. i pick the 98 rupee one which has auto subscription. i assume one of the other two options is related to regular recharge. 😕

Ah! You subscribe to an auto-renewal plan and this does not get auto-renewed if the data finishes up within a month? I used to recharge online (no-auto renewal) and this one could be manually renewed.

hard to say. i have never been able to come close to finishing off 1GB on their stupid edge speeds!from what i understand they would start charging per kb of usage once i finish the plan data. and they do not for certain allow me to renew the plan when i am subscribe to it. i have to discontinue the plan. and then resubscribe. painful procedure.

Yeah! If we talk about Airtel Edge, then it certainly is a nightmare and it's impossible to consume even 1GB.I lost around 200 MB on Vodafone, damn! Wish I could carry it forward 🙁

or you could have download something big and consumed it last night itself? i have around 20GB lying with 2 days to go on airtel. would consume 10GB today. and would finish up the rest tomorrow.