Vodafone 3G coverage

But then 3G is working on roaming, the entire focus of this thread. Isnt't it ?

experience said:
That's not true.I use Vodafone and there's no VF 3g in AP but I do get 3g while roaming.I got 3g when I was in Jaipur, Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai. I guess these are the only places I visited in last 1 year.
3G, pay as you go? Or a data pack?

himanshupant said:
Yup that would be the best proof of things.Wonder how chromaniac's Panipat trip went
Not fun at all. I did notice Vodafone providing me data for a while. Speeds were good at that time.Rest of the time it was Airtel and I was getting shitty speeds.So I guess I was on Vodafone 3G initially and then on Airtel EDGE.Did not try switching to Vodafone manually.

Yes this is what happens. 3G does not work on such circles where home circle provider does not have 3G license

i am pretty sure i was getting 3gish speeds when the phone was showing me roaming on vodafone. next day it was airtel and speeds were awful. so i am guessing vodafone gave me 3g in panipat and airtel gave me edge.should have tried manually switching to vodafone. sharing a photo on twitter was not working out at all.

I am on a prepaid plan on Airtel. I do not trust Airtel enough to switch to postpaid.
A nephew of mine noticed that his bill doubled recently. I got him to use Twitter and ping Airtel. Since then he has been getting daily calls from Airtel people.Airtel claims that my nephew switched to the double charge plan manually few weeks ago. Of course that never happened.

If postpaid, check your bill regularly.If prepaid, keep an eye on the charges made on your balance.Contract customer support and get them to refund/cancel any new service that was enabled on your account without your approval.This is how you deal with Airtel. You need to stay alert to ensure that they do not overbill you. Because they would try doing it on a regular basis.And Twitter is your friend if you want to get support from them.

x720 said:
A 2G data pack? Since 3G isn't available in your home circle? Pretty awesome then 😀
124/- pack for 1 GB. Previously I used to rc with 102 or 249.

This a 3G pack? If so, either you've been given 3G in account of having subscribed earlier, else, what VF is doing is illegal.

x720 said:
This a 3G pack? If so, either you've been given 3G in account of having subscribed earlier, else, what VF is doing is illegal.
Well, I shouldn't be bothered as long as I am getting 3g and with good speed.