Vodafone 1GB 3G Data now at Rs.195/-

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 30,254
I guess you are in other circle, in TN it was 124 & became 195. Though, I do agree you are worse off, but feel bad & I am thinking what to do.. move out of Vodafone or keep recharging 124 for 21 days/195 for 28 days...

Vodafone calendar only consists of February.

To be fair other brands are also having 28 days. Not sure who started first though..

Yup. The 1GB plan I use on Airtel is also valid for 28 days. Had to consume 300MB of data last night because they were going waste.

chromaniac said:
Yup. The 1GB plan I use on Airtel is also valid for 28 days. Had to consume 300MB of data last night because they were going waste.

I've to recharge twice every month with 251 to keep it serving me.

Maybe always hopeful of not using that much & ending up recharging again anyway 😀

two things
1). these operators are getting crores in revenue and don't want to reduce tarrif, cause thats one large chunk of profit for them
2). they change plan and don't update website, SERIOUSLY, are we still in stone age, and how cool it sounds that connectivity provider themselves
don't have a system to update the website as soon as plan has gone public.
Ask sushubh how difficult it is to update a website, I am sure he can do site wide changes even from bathroom
so if I assume, the vodafone webmaster is a moron who lives under a 7 floor underground vault, still he should be having a mode of communication
to his bosses or to his team, how come VF doesn't tells him to update the website right away.
I used to reboot a server in USA even when driving in India, and yes on Secure connection, so excuse like update takes time is another sand in the eyes of non-technical consumer.

I'm currently roaming in AP & have an active vodafone (chennai) sim.Can I activate 1GB 3G data pack without roaming charges? Voda has no 3G license in AP, but I heard it will connect to Airtel/Idea 3G network on roaming.Somewhere I read TDSAT has given approval for this type of roaming.Asked voda about this 2days back on twitter..but till now no reply.If any one know further info, pls reply.

sskraju: if your 3G is working while you are on Roaming, it will work even after recharge.
you just need to recharge using your circle pack (AP as per your post) and if roaming is already working you shouldn't be charged any other charges
for best results, its recommended you use vodafone.in to skip any other confusion in plan pricing.

Today vodafone cc called & said they have an agreement with Idea to provide 3G services in roaming.Now I'm in Idea 3G full coverage area (My AP Idea sim works perfectly) While I scanned the networks it shows the same Idea 3G network.But while selecting it shows "Unable to connect to network..Pls try again" The same message comes for both WCDMA & auto mode.Are there any settings to be changed in phone? People using 3G data packs on roaming,pls reply asap.

As far as I know, you don't need to manually change any settings in the phone for 3G roaming, the Home Network Access Point would work fine
even when you are connected to a Roaming Network.
I've never struggled to get data connection when I roam on my Vodafone 3G. however in most cases I was connected to Vodafone as it was available
at the location I visited.
That's what Auto Roam is about, however are you sure you have enabled Data Roaming Option in your phone settings.
A typical JB based Android phone should have that setting as
Settings-->SIM MANAGEMENT (in case of dual sim phone)-->General Setting-->Roaming-->Data Roaming (Connect to data services on roaming)

I'm using JB phone & talking about MANUAL network selection.I'm thinking that local 3G network (Idea) is to be manually selected before enabling data connection.Correct me if I'm wrong.
1. If I select GSM only mode,Vodafone 2G (AP) is connected.But very poor signal.
2. If I manually scan networks,3 networks appear.IDEA 3G is one of them, remaining all 3G networks are forbidden.This is done in WCDMA mode
3. If I select Auto mode,5 networks appear,everything are 2G.Again here Idea 2G,Vodafone 2G are OK, remaining are forbidden.
I have enabled Data roaming,still no use.Tried in another gingerbread phone (Celkon A95) too..still same issue.

Fed up following with vodafone CC,they are giving lame excuses.I think they don't know the meaning of ICR.When I'm saying 3G network itself is not getting registered,they are telling to activate 3G pack & try again.Now my question: Is data pack activation mandatory to access other operator's 3G network while roaming?? Someone pls explain