Vista usb port driver for BSNL Modem Siemens C 2110

arijitmitter

ISP
BSNL DataOne
i have Siemens C 2110 modem [ not Nokia Siemens 2110 ] from BSNL . it is working well with Vista on RJ45 but i want to set it up via usb port . the usb port modem driver they have given is working for XP not Vista . where can i get the new driver for Vista ?

have installed Windows 7 OEM release .. all my drivers worked except the Siemens C 2110 USB Driver [ it is a made for XP driver but worked very well for Vista SP 2 ] very weird considering all drivers which work with Vista SP 2 should theoretically work with 7 ..so if i want to use the RJ 45 line for backup internet from the cable wallah and USB port for DataOne my choices are A ) dump Win 7 and go back to Vista SP 2 B ) dump BSNL modem and as soon as a Win 7 compatible modem comes out in 2 - 3 months get one [ not very smart thing to do since BSNL will bear no responsibility if speed drops they will always blame my modem 🙁 ] C ) wait 5 - 7 years for BSNL to release a Win 7 driver :impissed:i guess A ) is smart choice :thumb: considering that in last 24 hours i have not seen anything terribly interesting in Win 7 apart from a rather useless Aero Peek and had to make a manual fix to get back Quick Launch [ to the right side!!! of my Taskbar ] .. and the constant use of Aero Peek when switching from any to any window is needlessly making my CPU 5 degree Centigrade hotter than it did with Vista [ oddly Vista kept my CPU cooler than XP SP 3 ] .. there are other minor irritations too including not being able to use Skype 3.8 and having to use Skype 4.1 [ a pain in the neck transition to a new interface ] bottomline after 24 hours of intensive use .. nothing to get very excited in Win 7 if you have Vista Home Premium / Ultimate SP 2

the question of uninstall does not arise .. Win 7 is not even allowing install in first place .. trying to install for few minutes then coming up with a message incompatible driver visit manufacturer's website for more details etc .. Vista is straight away accepting the XP driver for USB modem [ i cannot say for sure that Vista will have done that in Jan 2007 but it is after SP 2 ; similarly after a service pack Win 7 might also but that is at least in Feb 2011 ] ..going from Vista to Win 7 i made a clean install .. the BSNL modem driver refuses to install .. i downloaded 3 or 4 BSNL drivers from link-removed as well as one from Calcutta Telephones .. but they were the same version as on my BSNL cd and also did not install ..i have changed back to Vista ..for those only using DataOne there will be no problem since through RJ 45 it is running fine [ i will slightly qualify that word fine - a test torrent of slackware Linux which reaches 170kBps in Vista with TCP half open disabled and incoming net max half open set to 40 reaches only 150 in Win 7 .. Win 7 has TCP half open already disabled .. but i guess its ethernet optimize tweaks are not fully worked out yet ]for those using a computer with DataOne + a backup it creates a problem to have 2 RJ 45 lines .. it will mean installing 2 LAN cards which will mean an overheating graphics card [ since the hot air from graphics card will have no where to go to ] and also no add on sound card , tv tuner etc [ with normal motherboards upto Rs 5000 in price ]i use DataOne through USB port and local cable internet backup via RJ 45 [ mentionable here is that apart from that unlimited plans are expensive my local cable internet over ethernet is far better in speed than BSNL .. the 512 kbps connection regularly gives 1 mBps + ]so Vista for now [ SP 2 is amazingly stable ] till Google comes out with Chrome OS in 12 months time :dance::yahoo:

apart from that unlimited plans are expensive my local cable internet over ethernet is far better in speed than BSNL .. the 512 kBps connection regularly gives 1 mBps ]

:rofl::rofl: Since when local cable isps in kolkata started to provide 8mbps connection?

:rofl::rofl: Since when local cable isps in kolkata started to provide 8mbps connection?
i have no wish to start a slanging match my dear Sir .. i have Home 500 with speed upto 2 mbps .. for last 6 months it struggles to give 1.4 mbps .... today morning my BSNL was giving 1.4 mbps and the cable guy's 512 kbps [ which due to typo i wrote as kBps ; formatting PC twice in 2 days is slightly tiring as you may know if you have ever formatted a PC ] was giving 1.4 mbps also ..