• Thread starter Thread starter Bluegene
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,925

Bluegene

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Hi Friends,Just installed Vista and faced two big problems....i wish if anyone could tell me the cure.1) The theme that i saw was windows classic.....I mean i never saw the original windows vista theme....nor did i find it anywhere. how to view the original theme? 🙁 2) I had installed vista on NTFS partition, but i also have FAT32 partitions which vista does not shows...how can i see them? :blink: Could anyone please help me out.....???Thanks

More details.(ok, to prevent wondering - reqd info is vista build number, your hardware spec & any other info which you believe to be relevant).

Installed
Microsoft Vista built 5270 as Server (I provided the key for server)
On
P IV 2.0 Ghz.
768 MB Ram

Using dual boot with WinXP.

Will This much help you...?

FYI, its not me who asked for help, its you.Which motherboard. Which graphics card. Partitioning scheme on HD. Why do you feel you dont need to provide any info.And anyways, build 5270 is old by 8 months, its useless even to say that it has bugs, since it DOES. And moreover, the server build has not got any attention yet, use the standard version instead. Get build 5342 from connect.

u mst b working on the beta version..and there could be some bugs in that..moreover i dont think vista wouldnt support the fat file system...i once installed longhorn beta on my pc..and it ws awful..there wsnt ne software support... infact it didnt even detect my sound card..so i advice u to wait for the final product to release 😀

i think the latest beta should be good enough to detect ur hardware and all properly but i have never tried it yet 😉

Dude, login to microsoft connect.Get the build released yesterday - 5342.It supports all my hardware & fat32/ntfs & 32-bit XP drivers work fine on it.And almost all of the software I use everyday, runs fine on Vista.Games dont run well. But this is expected, not a surprise at all - gotta wait for the RCs, for optimized builds.