Visiting Mumbai next week. Have some questions.

• Thread starter Thread starter Topweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 10,732
Guess Sushubh can give the stats!

Now that's a difficult one, cos many have not really specified their location...

@ jaymin : Major difference between metro train and mumbai local is Air Condition . But in 1st class of Mumbai local, there won't be an issue. Its air cooled from everywhere 😉

I travel in Delhi metro at least twice a week. So, I'll report the difference between the trains of 2 cities when I come back. 🙂Thanks everyone for the detailed response. It has saved me a lot of time. Also now I'm less anxious than I was earlier today.

I have travelled by both delhi and mumbai local and I can say that there are very less points to compare. AC's, Ambience, facilities, Modernisation are features of delhi metro and most important point is that all the phases of metro have been completed before time which is landmark in itself. On the other hand mumbai local are famous for its tag "lifeline of mumbai". Actually these two trains are altogether different concepts so we should not compare them one to one. BTW, it was fun to travel by local and after travelling in them I felt like a part of mumbai "aam janta" and understood that why it is called lifeline of mumbai.

Avoid autos and taxis .. specially operated by locals ..They r extremely lazy and they don't go for short distances ... and they refuse as per their mood .. So u can say its same as Delhi but with more laziness 😀Use some kind of public transport .. Don't drive urself .. The roads in Mumbai r just pathetic .. very congested .. Not as wide as in Delhi ..You will understand the difference once u see it ..So u can say traffic is same as in Delhi but with with very congested roads ..But I guess nightlife should be quite cool in Mumbai ..

Avoid autos and taxis .. specially operated by locals ..
They r extremely lazy and they don't go for short distances ... and they refuse as per their mood ..

But the places he is visiting won't be an Issue. No Autowala will refuse plying from Vile parle Station to Domestic Airport. Neither will any Taxiwala deny from Churchgate to Gateway of India.

^ I wonder which city accounts for the largest proportion of active members .
Lets create a poll... 😉
Lets see 'Konse mitti ka bana hai IBF" the most...

^^

Go Ahead, Volcano619 tum Aage badho, hum tumhare Saath Hai :rofl:
Ok fine...just gimme a title...!!

1. Which City You Live ??2. Share your City Details !!3. Mega Poll: Which City You Belong & Live ??etc etc....

But how may option can a poll have ? We have lots of states, right ?

----------

OR we can create a spread sheets in which every member can enter his detail with user id. Ater that lots of interesting data can be generated.

Bombay is the only city in India where I can get in to a Auto outside (in the Auto stand Q with a cop near by) the International terminal and pay meter (Rs 35) or so to Vileparle/Andheri Train station . I get in to a Train and reach chatrapati Station (CST)to catch a night train to Hyderabad.Many times I fly in to Bombay domestic from Chennai/Bangalore /Hyderabad to catch a International flight ( I fly light- only hand carry even to International flight) Mumbai-HongKong direct by Kingfisher & Jet are quite convenient and cheap.If I have less than 3 hours transit time, I get in to the free bus from domestic to International . If more time on hand I take an auto Andheri/vileparle station from the airport. Eat a nice Gujarathi Thali, catch a movie sometimes . With so much traffic jam ,Auto to the nearest station and travelling by train is the fastest option even though crowd and sweating has to be taken in to account.